XLI. You're The Only Friend I Need

Chapter 41, You're The Only Friend I Need
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Thank you for being there whenever I needed you, you stuck around longer than anyone ever had. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

    Jaden and I danced along to different songs before going off to eat something, I loved how he looked in his suit and he loved how I looked in my dress.
   Xiomara and I were now having a conversation at the table in the back, we were speaking about the wedding since it was quite soon.

  Scarlett's Outfit

        "My feet are actually killing me

    "My feet are actually killing me."

     I complained as Jaden, Javon, Delilah and Jaysean sat down at the table with plates of food and desserts.
   Delilah and Xiomara agreed with me and soon we began to stuff our faces with our food, it was really good I won't lie.

    Jaden smiled at me and we took a few photos of each other before walking off to the dance floor and swaying along to the music, I felt like my toes were bleeding which caused me to take my heels off and dance to the music bare foot.
    Delilah did the same and we began to dance with each other to Bachata, I didn't know how to dance to it but Xiomara taught the both of us two weeks ago.

    "Y mira la espejos que linda ves sin maquillaje."

    Xiomara sang to 'Corazon Sin Cara' by Prince Royce, I laughed and tried to sing along but only nailed some of the lyrics.
    Although I was having a good time, it didn't stop me from looking over and watching Layla have a good time as well.

    She didn't deserve to be happy but she did as well, i didn't know what I wanted her to feel but it needed to be something mean.
   After all this dancing I decided to sit down and relax my feet, I took a deep breath and shut my eyes to think about this last year and the first year here.

     I came a long way from where I started and I was happy about that, there was nothing that could've taken my mood down.
   Xiomara came over to me after dancing with Jaysean and we began to talk about different things, she was always am honest and sweet person which was why I loved being her best friend.

      If I'm being honest, after watching Outerbanks with Alana which is an amazing show that I will be waiting for season three, I realized that Xiomara and I were like John B and JJ.
    We always had each other's back and even though we have had some arguments in the past, it never changed anything because that's true friendship.

       But we all know she was a JJ hands down, she would choose violence over apologies any day if needed.
    With all the memories going through my mind, I realized how close we are and that she was like a sister I never had.

   Cora and Jayla are like my sisters as well so that makes Xiomara my third sister, i went silent during the convention and she noticed.

" Thank you for being there whenever I needed you, you stuck around longer than anyone ever had. "

    I confessed to Xiomara, she looked at me with glossy eyes and we hugged each other as she told me that she felt like I was family.
  That night I realized how blessed I was to have a friend like Xiomara, she was someone who you were proud to be around even if it's something you don't show or say aloud.

   It didn't matter if I was screaming my head off at her or if I was laughing my heart out, Xiomara wouldn't leave me because she found safety in me.
    I would never tell her this but I did too, she was the person other than Jayla and Cora that stuck by my side when things went from good to bad to ugly.

   By now we were bawling our eyes out as we got up and walked to the dance floor, the song 'Brother' by Kodaline began to play.
   Xiomara and I had a lot of songs that was able to explain our friendship, this song was one of them.

    I remember when I had to go to school after the whole court thing three years ago, I went to the guidance counselor whose a saint by the way, for some help.
   She told me that a way for coping was to write down whatever I needed to, especially the things I'm grateful for.

      At the time I had a blank page in my notebook where I would cry in frustrated, it stood empty until I realized I had more things to be grateful for.
   Then Xiomara came along, she helped me realize that it's always going to be okay no matter the circumstances.

    I'm more grateful now than I was three years ago, I'm even more grateful now for the person who stood by my side through all of the hell raising things.
  Some people are lucky enough to have a best friend, but I know I'm even luckier.

    Because I got a Xiomara.

    This whole highschool experience taught me that it didn't matter if you had a good time or a bad time, there will always be a Xiomara waiting for you with open arms.
  And that, is what I'm forever grateful for.