XXXVIII. Spa Day With The Girls

Chapter 38, Spa Day With The Girls
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " I don't know how people can be racist and have acne at the same time, baby you gotta worry about your own skin. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

      This year has been flying by, it's now June which means prom is about two weeks from us and I've been scared.
   Not because I don't wanna go to prom or anything but because I'll be graduating and I didn't want that to happen.

   All my friends would have things to do and I'd be stuck here, writing songs that'll never take off.
  It's literally the only thing I'm scared of, I don't want to be that one friend that doesn't have a life or career.

  I was sitting on my floor as I began to write lyrics to my song, my songs are usually based on my feelings.
   I've explained this countless times only because I'm worried that people wouldn't understand that, I had 'Eventually' by Tame Impala.

    As I hummed the melody to the song, I swayed my body side to side before setting my pen down and closing my song book.
  I had gotten a message from Xiomara, I checked it and smiled.

    She invited me to go on a spa day with the girls before prom and to also go shopping for prom, I couldn't turn this down so I said I'd meet them at the mall.
   I got dressed and grabbed my phone before running down the stairs excitedly, I said goodbye to everyone and walked to my car.

   When I got inside, I turned the air conditioner on and then began to drive to the mall.
  I sang along to all of the songs Jaden and I loved, it was all in one playlist on Spotify because we agreed we both had immaculate taste.

    I parked in the parking lot and walked inside, I took my phone out and began to text the group chat.
  My friend group consisted of me, Xiomara and Delilah since Cora and Jayla have their own lives to live.

    I thought being in a trio would end badly.but it didn't, instead nobody spends more time with anyone.
  Normally, if one has plans, they invite the other two to hang out so they wouldn't be lonely the whole day.

    I walked into the food court and caught a glimpse of Delilah and Xiomara, they were seated as they talked to one another.
   I walked over to them, they both hugged me and then we began to go to different stores.

    "I just, I don't get it!"

    Delilah said through her laughter, we were looking for dresses and came upon one that looked like it's been through hell and back.
  None of us knew what happened to it, neither did the employees when we had asked.

    However, we did find our dresses and heels, which was the best part since they all looked cute.
   Jaden and I decided that we would go in a beautiful dark blue color, it's a color that we both love dearly.

      Xiomara and Jaysean are going in dark red while Delilah and Javon go in a gorgeous shade of yellow, after we paid for the dresses and heels, we walked to the nail salon.
   But before we walked in, we decided last minute that we would get our nails done and hair done a day before the prom, just so that we have something to do.

    As we walked out of the mall, we began to speak about different things since we never really knew how to stay on one topic.
  It was normal for us to change the topic every five minutes, we get bored easily that's all.

   " I don't know how people can be racist and have acne at the same time, baby you gotta worry about your own skin. "

      Xiomara told us which made me laugh, we placed our bags in my car and then got inside where we played different songs and sang along to them.
   We didn't want to go.to my house yet so we decided to bother our boyfriends, which meant that we were to go to the Waltons and then bother them.

   I wanted to go to the Waltons anyways since Atlantis is there and I want to spend some time with him, Jessica's been hogging him ever since Jayla and Cora left.
   Literally after he came out the womb, Jessica began to be a second mom to him the same way she's been a second mom to me.

   But it's all out of instinct and the fact that her kids are all growing up, Alana and my dad didn't mind it.
  In fact they've been going on a few dates, I don't blame them.

   They have free time on their hands, might as well take advantage of that while they still have it, am I right?
   I parked in front of their house and got out of my car, Jessica gave me an extra key since she said I became her second daughter which is really heart warming if you think about it.

   Once I got inside, I hugged Jessica and DJ who were on the couch watching a movie with Atlantis on the ground playing with his dinosaur toys.
   I kissed his forehead and then walked upstairs with the girls, Jaysean was definitely here considering Jaden was screaming at the top of his lungs.

   I walked inside and laughed at the sight of Jaden, Javon and Jaysean playing a video game and taking it so seriously.
   When they finally noticed us, they act like they weren't trying to kill one another for failing a mission.

   "God, y'all are such dorks."

    Delilah spoke out as she hugged Javon, I laughed and agreed with her before sitting on the ground next to Jaden.
  He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead, I couldn't stop the big smile from forming on my lips and stretching across my face.

    Delilah's right though, they're definitely dorks.
   But they're our dorks.