XLIII. An Honest Mistake

Chapter 43, An Honest Mistake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " An honest mistake that could've costed me my life! You have a brain but don't even use it! "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

     It's been a week since my little breakdown, nobody knew about it but my father and I which is something we always did.
   Before Alana and before the divorce, I was bullied which many of you all know, my dad would catch me crying.

    I didn't want either of my parents to find out about the bullying but my dad did, we promised each other that we wouldn't say a word of we were to catch one another crying.
   That didn't mean we wouldn't comfort each other, that's why our bond was always so hard to break, we had each other's back since I was born.

    Anyways, graduation is next week and I still had no idea what dress i would be wearing but that wasn't going to be a problem, i was planning on buying a new dress any time soon.
    Instead, I would look through my closet and try to find a dress that i haven't worn yet but I know that's going to be a tad bit difficult, that's why Delilah and Xiomara are here, to help me out.

    "What's this book?"

    Delilah asked as she accidentally pulled out the book that has all the things I'm grateful for and everyone I'm grateful for, i walked over and took gently from her hands.
   I had added her to the list not too long ago but all the things written here show vulnerability, i don't trust anyone other than Cora, Jayla and Xiomara to see my vulnerability.

     "Emptiness, i haven't figured out what I wanted this book for."

   I lied smoothly, Delilah nodded and sent me a quick smile before looking into my closet with  Xiomara.
   As they busied themselves with my closet, i took the chance to quickly slide the book under my bed and walk over to my closet to help them look.

   "I'm going to the store real fast, need anything?"

   I asked as I walked over to my vanity and grabbed my phone, the girls didn't want anything so I just walked down the steps and walked out of the house.
   My family's at the park but I didn't want to go, i didn't really find the need or urge to hop in a car and watch my brother play on the playground.

    Last minute, i decided that I didn't want to take my car and walked to the store.
  All I got was some drinks, snacks and then walked to a fast food restaurant to buy some dinner for me and my friends.

     When i paid for everything, i left the restaurant and waited for the light to change so that I could cross the street.
   Once it did, i quickly crossed but nearly got hit by a car that was speeding, I looked to see who was driving and it was Layla with her friends.

    She must've realized it was me and got out of the car, i was angry at her for not even looking at the light because we all know she didn't.
   I made sure my food was fine and then walked over to her so she didn't waste her damn time, she was walking as if she had all the time in the world which she didn't.

    "What the actual hell is your problem?!"

  I shrieked, she looked at me and laughed a bit which made me angrier.

   "It was a mistake, loosen up."

     Layla told me as she looked at her friends who were laughing their guts out in the car, i looked at them and flipped them off before returning my attention to Layla.
   She really found this amusing when she could have killed me, it isn't amusing and if she were to hit me, if would have become a big problem but if she killed me then it would've been a bigger problem.

   "God you're so stupid! I could have gotten hurt or worse, you could have killed me and then you would have gone to jail along with all of your little friends!"

     I shouted at Layla which made her flinch, I'll admit, i enjoyed watching her cower as I walked closer to her with every sentence i made.
   She looked at me and it was then that I realized that she was under the influence, which must have meant that so we're all of her friends in the car, i didn't think she was that stupid.

   "It was an honest mistake, calm down Scarlett."

    Layla slurred as she placed her hand on my shoulder, i looked at her and shoved her hand off of my shoulder and looked at her.

" An honest mistake that could've costed me my life! You have a brain but don't even use it! "

     I shouted, I slapped her across her face and walked off back to my house.
   This incident is something I'll be taking to the grave, I'm not planning on telling anyone at all.

    Except for my notebook of course, it had to know everything about me and my life since I liked documenting everything and anything.
  I'm planning on giving this notebook to Atlantis once he's older, I encourage him to do the same thing and write down everything that's inside of him.

   It's always best to let any feeling out, it'll keep you in a chokehold if you don't let it on in any type of way.
   Sort of therapeutic if you're asking me, which you aren't but I don't care.