XXV. You're Dead To Me

Chapter 25, You're Dead To Me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       " God don't say that, you're going to give me wrinkles! "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

     "Scar, hold Atlantis while I make him a bottle!"

   My dad called out from downstairs, I got up from bed and walked down the steps and grabbed my brother from my father's arms.
  Atlantis smiled at me as I sat down on the couch and rocked him back and forth.

    "When you're a little older, call me Eliza."

  I told my brother and smiled at him, I thought calling me Eliza would be a cuter nickname than Scar especially coming out of a baby's mouth.
  My brother just stared at me and smiled, I repeated the nickname over and over until my phone buzzed.

    The message was sent from Javon, him and Jaden were watching edits of them and found an edit of Jaden and I, I laughed and then turned off my phone.
   I looked at my brother who was giggling at me, I kissed his forehead.

      I settled onto the floor and placed my brother in front of me, he already had toys scattered all over the ground so he busied himself with those.
    There's not a lot of things he's going to remember that I would, like getting married and him being there or when I got engaged, he won't remember that either.

    Atlantis looked at me and handed a small toy car to me, he began to play with the pink car and made little noises.
  I stared in awe before joining him and playing with his toys, when I set the car down, I grabbed him and tickled him.

    "You have such a cute laugh!"

  I exclaimed as I stopped tickling and laughed with him, he had his mouth opened a bit and stared at me happily.
   I took a photo of him and sent it to the girls group chat.

    "Alright buddy, let's go take you to dad."

     I picked up my brother and brought him to the kitchen, my dad had finally finished making his bottle and took his son from my arms.
   I walked out of the kitchen and grabbed my number, I walked to the door and left my house, I didn't know what to do today but I did know I wanted to spend it alone.

    As I got in my car, I decided I would go to McDonald's and just buy lunch then hang out at the mall.
  I go to the mall so many times, but I'm not gonna buy anything honestly considering my closet was packed to the brim and I didn't want to spend any more money.

       I drove to the drive-thru and ordered the food I always get before driving to the next window and paying for the food, there was like two cars in front of me so I patiently waited.
    The day was peaceful surprisingly, I didn't really get days were I would be in a good mood so I know I had to enjoy it.

       When I got my food, I drove off to the parking lot and just sat there for a moment before taking my food out and eating, I got a caramel frappe which is my favorite from McDonald's.
   As I ate, my phone began to ring, I cleaned my hands and then looked at my phone which was an Unknown number, I took my chances and answered the call anyways.

   "Hello?"

    A soft voice spoke out, I stood silent for a moment trying to figure it out if I should say something or if I should just hang up and block the number.
   I didn't know what to say, I didn't know who the person was and I very much have zero clue on what they were calling me for.

   "Hey, who is this?"

     I responded, before I hung up, I wanted to know whether or not I knew the person.

   "Layla, Layla Goodman. Is this Scarlett Delmonico?"

     I hated that voice, I hated that name and I hated the person altogether and before any of y'all tell me that I'm being ridiculous, go back a few chapters to see what she did to me.
   My breath hitched and I felt as if my chest tensed up, I didn't know what to say but I didn't not know what to say either.

   I had a list of things to say to this girl, all of which aren't kind because she deserves to know what she caused.

    "Yes actually, how did you even get my number? I'm sure all of my friends and family don't like you enough to give it to you nor would they believe your little sob story."

   The words came out all too quickly for me to comprehend but I wasn't about to take them back now, I realized what I said and smiled to myself because Xiomara and Delilah would be so proud of me.
  I remember not being able to speak to anyone the way I did and forgiving them so easily, that was damage to me.

   "I still had your number on my other phone and thought I'd give you a call, I think we should talk about the online thing with Meredith and Kat."

    Layla told me, I didn't like hearing those names or seeing those people either.

   "There's nothing to talk about Layla, your actions have consequences and I'm not gonna be your little muse that you crawl back to when nobody wants to be around you"

   I spat, at this point she was on speaker and I was continuing to eat, I didn't know what to do so all I did was eat.

    "I, I know that and you're not my muse it's just I feel like we would be in a better place if you forgave me and-"

    "No, hell no, I'm not gonna forgive you so you can feel better about yourself. So you can go to sleep knowing you bullied me, put my personal things on the internet and had actively reminded me of the issues I had with myself."

      I cut Layla off completely when she said those words, it wasn't going to make her feel better and it sure as hell isn't going to make me feel better.
   She needs realize that it will never ever be okay to do the things she did to me and then expect me to welcome her back with open arms, I don't care about the history we have.

   "Layla we will never ever be okay with each other, the things you said and done to me were harmful in every damn way! You don't deserve forgiveness and I don't think you deserve a damn apology."

    I finished, at the other end of the line you could hear sniffling and I knew that she was crying but it wasn't my problem.
   None of this will ever be my problem and I'm done feeling like it is, it's time for me to also realize that whatever the hell happened to me isn't my fault.

    I didn't participate in the bullying nor did I ever wanted to participate in it.

    "I understand that and I'm sorry that you feel that way but-"

   "No Layla, I'm sorry that you feel that. You're Dead to me, so whatever the hell happens to you now is not in my hands."

   With that being said I hung up and drove home, with my blood boiling, I parked in front of the house and walked into the home of mine.
   Alana was sitting on the couch with a smile on her face, I sat beside her and she rubbed her hand against mine.

    "Could you believe I'm getting married and graduating?"

   I asked, Alana looked at me and started to laugh before getting all dramatic on me.

  " God don't say that, you're going to give me wrinkles! "

   She stated before laying her head on my shoulder, I laughed and rested my head on top of hers.