LIII. Better Luck Next Time

Chapter 53, Better Luck Next Time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Do you remember all the things you said to me? "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

       As boring as today was, that didn't mean I wanted to make any plans with my friends since i felt like being alone, I had my airpods on and decided that it would be a good idea to go on walk.
   I didn't want to really walk but I didn't want to stay in my house and lay in bed, after i had written the theme song, i sent it off to the producer which meant I had nothing to do now.

       The boredom seeps into my throat and changed my tone which made it sound as if i was uninterested in anything anyone would be saying, I walked out of the house as the song 'In My Room' by Chance Peña began to play.
   It was the instrumental version of it though, i liked it that way because I knew that some lyrics of my own would soon begin to pop into my mind, which is exactly what happened.

    When the beat dropped in the beginning of the song, i took a deep breath and smiled.

   "Although you left me, you'll always have a place in my heart because you're someone who helped me see in the dark.."

     I sang in a slight high octave, I didn't know who that part was dedicated to but I do know that it was meant for someone.
    As i continued to walk down the block with the instrumental music playing through my ears, I decided to think about eight grade and how i could've conquered the girl who picked on me.

       Or, I could've told someone and get help since i knew that i would've freaked out.
   As my legs began to hurt and feel like it's on fire, i then decided that walking was the worse idea I've ever had and should've had someone stop me before i actually followed through with it.

       Since i didn't want to walk any further, i decided to walk back to my house since i didn't think I should be out on the streets anymore.
   As i turned around and walk back to my house, i noticed a group of girls walking towards my direction which isn't really weird considering this was a normal sidewalk.

      Do people call it the sidewalk or streets?
Like I'm genuinely confused, but then again when am i not confused?

      When I walked past the group of girls, i had accidentally bumped into one of them and immediately felt like a wave of second hand embarrassment.
   I turned around to apologize but stood frozen in my position, i felt like my soul was sucked out of my body and i felt like crying but I didn't, instead I just closed my eyes for a brief moment and then turned around to walk away but I was stopped by the girl.

    "Scar, did you forget about me?!"

      Alessia asked as i turned around to look at her, i sighed and tried to force a smile on my face but I couldn't really do it.

   "I do remember you, i just don't think I want to speak with you since we didn't really have any connection that was good."

    I confessed, Alessia looked at her three other friends and laughed as if i had just said some funny joke unconsciously.
   So, as the four girls began to howl in laughter like a pack of hyenas, i was standing there like the standing man emoji because I seriously didn't know what I was supposed to do.

   "Did you forget about the friendship we had back in New Jersey?"

     Alessia had asked once more, i looked at her and crossed my arms as the sentence she had just said circled around my mind, what was I supposed to even say to that?
   I was going to be nice and try to walk away, but then again after all the things she told me, she didn't deserve my kindness.

    " Do you remember all the things you said to me? "

      I asked as I moved my head to the side slightly, Alessia and her friend group stood quiet which they should.
   Before anyone could say anything, i decided to just leave it at that and walked away since i was already getting small flashbacks over it.

     When I did arrive to my house, i opened the door and smiled as my brother crawled over to me and babbled a bit.
   Atlantis knows how to speak to some words, a bit chopped up but he can still speak some English.

    But, he babbles since it's what I used to do to him when he couldn't speak anything  at the time, I babbled back to him and picked him up with a smile.
   I walked up the stairs and knocked on my parents door, i heard a come in and walked inside with my baby brother.

    "You'll never believe who i ran into today."

   I spoke out to my dad and my mom who both were laying on the bed happily, if you have a good relationship with your parents then you know how it feels to be able to speak about the tea that went down today.
   Maybe i shouldn't talk, considering i don't have  a good relationship with my mom but that doesn't mean anything because we aren't talking about me here.

      All I'm saying is, that it feels so good to get things off your chest to your parents since you know that maybe they'll love you after hearing it and always comfort you.

     I always enjoyed speaking to my parents, I'll always speak to them even if it's about nothing.
   Down to my last breath