XXI. Baby Match Maker

Chapter 21, Baby Match Maker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " How did Atlas do what we couldn't? "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

          The night was running smoothly, we watched toy story and shared blankets but still no chemistry between Delilah and Javon.
   It was getting annoying as I tried hunting Javon to make a move as Jaden hinted to Delilah to make a move, it was like these two were blind.

    "How about we watch another movie? Horror this time."

    Jaden suggested only for Xiomara to hit his arm and point at the awake Atlantis that was laying on my chest, Jaden realized what was wrong with his idea and mouthed an apology to me.
   I chuckled and blew him a kiss before standing up from the couch and holding onto Atlantis.

    "Can someone hold Atlas? I'm gonna make more popcorn for all of us."

    Delilah opened her arms, I smiled at her and handed her Atlas.
   Jaden and Xiomara got up, following me to the kitchen.

   "So our plan isn't working, what should we do now?"

   Jaden asked as I opened the cabinet and grabbed three more packs, I put one in the microwave.
   I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders, Xiomara sighed and when she walked away, she ran back squealing.

    "Look! Look! Loookkkk!"

     Xiomara dragged the last 'look' as she grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the kitchen and into the living room, when I was about to complain, I saw it.

    Javon and Delilah playing with Atlas, they didn't notice us which was weird since we weren't hiding.
   Delilah looked up at Javon to which he looked back at her and they leaned in, they kissed and pulled away.

   I walked over to them and grabbed Atlas, I walked away without saying a word since I was in shock.
   Jaden took out the last pack and filled the bowls, I looked at him and smiled.

   "Delilah and Javon kissed, all thanks to Atlas."

   I informed Jaden as he kissed my cheek, he looked at me like I was lying but I just smiled big.
  He looked at Atlantis and then back at me.

  " How did Atlas do what we couldn't? "

     Jaden asked as we walked into the living room, I shrugged my shoulders and handed Xiomara and Delilah the bowls of popcorn.
   Xiomara wanted to hold Atlantis so, I handed him to her before resting my head on Jaden's chest.

   "Still can't believe we're getting married."

   I whispered to Jaden as I moved my hand out of the blanket and stared at the ring sitting on my ring finger, Jaden just chuckled and kissed my forehead.
  This all felt like some dream, with everything I've gone through, I'm getting my happy ending.

    "Shut up, you're gonna wake them."

     "Turn your flash off!"

   Small whispers disrupted the great dream I had, although it was getting a little too much for my liking, they still disturbed it.
   When I opened my eyes, Xiomara had her phone out taking photos while Javon and Delilah was playing with Atlas again.

    Jaden was still knocked out and his grip on me was quite tight, I smiled down at him and reached for my phone as Xiomara left to go to the bathroom.
   It was around twelve in the morning but my parents were no where to be found, but that shouldn't worry me because all of their dates dragged.

    They better not make another kid not should they drink and drive, it's irresponsible and I would get mad at them for driving but I would welcome the new baby with open arms.
   When Jaden moved slightly, causing him to loosen his grip on me, I got up from the couch and walked over to Delilah and Javon.

   "Sorry, I had y'all on babysitting duty when we were supposed to be hanging out.."

  I apologized sheepishly, Delilah looked at me and laughed a bit before grabbing my hand.

   "Don't apologize, I love babies and you look like you needed that nap."

   Delilah told me before picking Atlas up and motioning me to the kitchen, I walked with her and went to the fridge to get Atlantis his bottle.
   She looked at me with the biggest smile on her face which stretched from ear to ear, she told me all about how Javon asked her to be his girlfriend during the movie.

    "He held my hand and I felt literal butterflies."

   Delilah gushed out, I smiled at her as I took Atlantis from her and fed him his bottle.
   When we walked back to the living room, Jaden was awake, Javon was on his phone and Xiomara was picking a Netflix show to watch.

    I went upstairs to put Atlantis down for the rest of the night, I grabbed the baby monitor and walked back downstairs.
   I left his door a little bit open so that if anything, I could get inside without having to jiggle the doorknob.

    Once I settled back in my spot next to Jaden, I couldn't help but smile at the new couple beside me only because it reminded me of Jaden and I.
   The only thing is, that I didn't get them together like I said I was, instead my own baby brother got them together which is still mind boggling.

    I guess a couple of giggles and smiles thrown Delilah's way by Atlas and some eye movements thrown Javon's way is what got them together, the mystery is unknown and it's gonna stay that way cause I'm too lazy to ask.
   My eyes were getting heavy again, I laid my head back on Jaden's chest and close my eyes, letting myself relax and sleep.