VII. First Day Of Senior Year

Chapter 7, First Day Of Senior Year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " Trust me, we're no mean girls, you're always welcomed to sit with us. See you at lunch! "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

        When my alarm went off, so did the butterflies in my stomach as I groaned and sat up.
   Senior Year, how exciting.

   I got up from my bed, and made it so that I didn't have the feeling of annoyance when I came back later today.
   After making my bed, I walked to my bathroom and hopped in the shower, I made sure not to wet my hair since I just got it done yesterday.

    I brushed my teeth and shaved my body, when I got out of the bathroom, the sudden cold air pierced my bare skin as I forgot to turn off the AC.
  But that was one way of waking me up in the morning, although I hate it.

   "You let the wrong people love you, oh-woah-woah, oh-woah-woah."

   I sang along to Girl In Red, I loved this song dearly but unfortunately it curses a lot.
  Oh well, I'm a senior and I'm turning seventeen.

   I walked to my closet and bit my bottom lip, thanks to the shopping spree, I didn't know which hot outfit I wanted to wear first.
  But I had to make a decision, so I closed my eyes and just grabbed which my fingers decided to grip first.

   "This'll do."

  I whispered to myself as I replayed the song and looped it so I didn't have to replay it once it was over, man I love having good taste in everything.
  Makes me happy to be me, something I wasn't able to say when I was in middle school and freshmen year.

  Scarlett's Outfit

    As I grabbed my black doc martens, I looked in the mirror and smirked

   I like having different varieties of outfits, it keeps people guessing on which style I was into.

   I brushed my hair and did two french braids, I did some light make up.
   When I finished, I grabbed my book bag and phone.

   In just a month, my baby brother would be born and I was a little anxious on how good of a sister I would be.
   Lately I've been taking some YouTube tutorial classes on being a good sister, I wanted to be the best.

    "Red is definitely your color, you're rocking it."

    Alana told me as she kissed my forehead and handed me a paper bag, I smiled at her and kissed her cheek before grabbing my car keys and walking out of the house.
   When I locked the door behind me, I took a deep breath and walked to my car.

   After arriving to the school, I parked in the same parking spot I always parked in since sophomore year.
   Everyone made sure to park somewhere else which was nice of them but I wouldn't mind parking somewhere else, anyways.

    I parked my car and got out of it, locking it and then walking inside of the building with my nerves acting up.
   Then I saw my friends and boyfriend, I squealed and ran over to them.

   Xiomara hugged me tightly and we both admired one another's outfits as if we didn't buy these together, she looked beautiful if in her yellow dress.
   Then I hugged Javon and dapped up Jaysean before kissing Jaden, we all got our schedules by email last night.

   I had Algebra, History and Social Studies with Javon, PE and English with Jaysean, Homeroom and Chemistry with Xiomara and lastly, French and Home Ec with Jaden.
   We all had lunch together so I didn't really need to add that, our lockers were near each other as well.

   "Goals for this year is to make the most of it, I don't really wanna look back and wish I did something."

    Xiomara informed all of us as she opened her locker and began to grab the books she needed for each class she had, I did the same and then closed my locker shut.
   When the bell rang, we said our goodbyes and walked away, as we entered the homeroom, I noticed a girl.

   "She looks so sweet."

  I whispered to Xiomara as we walked to the back of the class and placed our things down, she looked at who I was talking to and smiled.

  "You say that a lot and then end up in issues, but I gotta agree with you."

   Xiomara agreed and after a few minutes of discussion, we walked over to her.

   "Hey, I'm Xiomara."

  Xiomara greeted the girl, she looked up from her phone and smiled shyly at her before her eyes met mine.

  "I'm Scarlett."

  I introduced myself, trying to make the girl comfortable around since she had an uneasy look on her face.

  "I'm Delilah-Mae, it's nice to meet y'all."

  That is certainly a pretty name, I was about to say something when the bell rang.
  A groan left my lips but I didn't leave quite yet, I watched as she packed her things and smiled at me.

  "You can sit with us at lunch if you'd like."

Xiomara offered.

   "Are you sure? I don't mean this in a rude way but y'all look like mean girls."

  Delilah admitted sheepishly, we looked at one another and began to laugh.

  " Trust me, we're no mean girls. You're always welcomed to sit with us. See ya at lunch. "

   I informed the girl as we walked away from her and grabbed our things, she certainly seemed sweet and nothing like Meal plan and Willow.