XII. When The Rubber Band Snaps

Chapter 12, When The Rubber Band Snaps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Huge Disclaimer, this chapter contains:

  Body image issues, Meredith, cyber-bullying and Layla.

     You have been warned, do not continue reading if this triggers you, hopefully someone can do a summary in the comments.
   If you do choose to continue reading, Dahlia will not be responsible for any kinds of relapses or actions.

   You have been warned...

Song Playing: The Night We Met by Lord Huron

   " Well you obviously have nothing better to do in life. "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

       After a whole day of crying in bed, I was back at school.
  The last place on earth I wanted to be at with the current state I'm in, I didn't want anyone asking me what was wrong because I know I would break down in their arms right then and there.

   As I parked my car, I sat there and took a deep breath as I felt myself feel like I wanted to cry once more.
   I didn't know if I was being overdramatic, but I was seriously not okay over the fact my friends might leave me.

       But soon enough, I got out the car and locked it before walking inside of the school building.
   I was able to lay low until I got to my locker, from there, I opened it and began to grab the books that I needed for my classes.

      Everything's been quiet since the Meredith, Jaden and I situation.
    I closed my locker and smiled to myself in hopes that today would be a good day but I had a bad gut feeling, I didn't know what was going to happen today but now I'm for sure that today won't be good.

     I skipped the cafeteria and hung around the halls until the bell rang, I walked into my homeroom and when I did, I felt like I was straight up kicked in the gut.
   My mind didn't wanna believe what I was seeing and my eyes didn't either but it was real and it was right there in front of me.

      My breath hitched as I walked into the classroom and walked closer to my desk, photos of me from middle school and freshmen year of me going through it was glued to my desk and chair.
    Now, barely anyone knew about my body issues and all of that but I knew someone who did and I know that they wouldn't betray me like that, would they?

   "Enjoying your new collage?"

     I turned around and felt as my tears threatened to fall out of my eyes but didn't dare.
   Meredith stood there with her arms crossed with a smirk playing on her lips, I just ignored her and began to rip out the photos before one could seem them and ask me what happened or tease me.

   "What the hell?!"

     I gasped as I held up the ripped photos, I looked at her and bit my lip.
  This could not be happening to me right now, or at all.

   "How'd you even get these?"

  I asked as I walked up to her, I didn't feel like myself.
  Normally, I would've slapped the hell out of her and then we would've fought but she hit me in my weak spot.

   "An old friend of yours, she lend them to me."

    I looked at her as if she was delusional and then it hit me, Layla Goodman.