XVIII. Seventeen

Chapter 18, Seventeen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Okay that's a good suggestion but what if we just, don't? "

    ~ Scarlett's POV ~

           With all do respect, I dislike my birthday very much for one reason and one reason only:
   The awkward Birthday song.

    Like what am I supposed to do as the people around me fake a smile and sing the world's most hated song?
  If I'm being honest, this year I'm doing the renegade because I can't keep standing like the man in the emoji.

    Anyways, I got up from my bed and walked to my bathroom, smiling in the mirror like some idiot.
   I was finally seventeen, the age I've been waiting for all my life.

      Why, you may ask?
Because that meant that I was only a year away from being an adult as well as because when I like thirteen, I asked my dad when I hit my seventeenth birthday, could I get my first tattoo.

     He only agreed because he thought I would forget by now but I didn't, I remember almost everything and anything.
  It's how I function, I'm not saying I can't forget stuff, I'm human so I do.

   But, all the important things, I remember them because those are the core memories that make me, me.
   When I finished brushing my teeth, I walked downstairs with the biggest smile on my face which stretched from ear to ear.

   Alana was sitting on the couch, holding Atlas when she looked up at me.
   She had the biggest grin on her face before she walked over to me and sang lowly.

   "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you."

   The song I've been dreading for began, so I started doing the renegade which made her laugh a bit.
   When the song was over, I hugged her softly and then kissed Atlas's forehead.

     "I got you a small gift."

  Alana told me as her face lit up, I looked at her.

  "Mom, you didn't have to."

   I began but she just put her finger up and shushed me, I just stood there looking quite awkward as she walked over to the couch a ND grabbed a small bag.
  She walked back to me and gave me the bag, I looked at her and then inside.

   I reached inside and took a out a long red velvet box, I looked at her and smiled before opening it.
   It was a cherry necklace, I looked at her and smiled as tears blurred my vision.

   "Mama.. this is so cute."

I looked at her as she set Atlas down in his crib and took the necklace from me, she motioned me to turn around which I did and she put it on me.

   "Let me go change into a cherry themed outfit, I have to match with my cherry necklace!"

   I walked upstairs and then ran into my room, straight to my closet.
  After a few minutes of searching, I found the perfect outfit so I took a shower.

   I came out of the shower and grabbed my small speaker, I played some music as I got dressed for my birthday.
  Although I hadn't seen my father in a while, I still was excited.

Scarlett's Necklace and Outfit