XXXIII. I Hate Surprises

Chapter 33, I Hate Surprises
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Surprises are supposed to be good.. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

       The nap that was supposed to be small turned into me sleeping the whole day away without fail, I didn't even feel exhausted when my alarm rang.
  I just slammed it off and sat up from my bed which was now making me feel uncomfortable, I rubbed my eyes and got up from the bed.

    I looked like a mess when I walked into my bathroom and stared at my reflection, I brushed my teeth and got the knots out of my hair.
   Then I proceeded to walk to my closet, first of may and which meant it was going to be quite hot out.

   When I walked in front of the vanity mirror to grab my rings and necklace, I stared at the photo once again.
  And before you even say it, it's not easy to take down a photo of someone you loved dearly.

   Instead I stared at the photo as I began to feel a mixed emotions of anger and sadness, the tears blurred my vision as I clenched my fists.
     When I finally decide to change out of my pajamas, I sat on the floor in front of my full length mirror and glared at the angry, sad girl.

   "Suck. It. Up."

  I muttered to myself before forcing myself off my butt and onto my feet, I grabbed my bookbag and walked down the stairs.
  Nobody was up yet which was good, I walked into my kitchen and made myself a lunch before grabbing an apple.

   I left the house in a rush, I had time to get to school early but I just know that my friends would get there if I took my time.
  So I got into my car and plugged my phone in so it could charge as I drove to school, I was starting to get a raging headache but it'll be fine.

     When I did arrive to school, everyone's car was already parked in the parking lot.
  I parked my car and got out, I closed the door and locked my car before the walking inside the building.

      I walked to my locker and took a deep breath, I opened it and grabbed whatever I needed for today and then sluggishly walked into the cafeteria where my friends sat and laughed.
   Here it goes, put a smile on and shove any other emotion that isn't happiness down until you're back home.

   That's how it was when I have my depressive episodes, it's not healthy or anything but it beats answering any questions that make me want to bawl my eyes out until I throw up.
  I sat down beside my boyfriend who smiled down at me and kissed my head as he wrapped an arm around my waist and held me close to him, but I didn't participate in any conversation.

     Not even when my name was brought up a million times so that I wouldn't feel left out, but in some sick, twisted way, I wanted to feel left out.
    I needed some other emotion, something that didn't make me feel so empty inside.

    When the bell rang, I got up quickly and just bolted out of the cafeteria, ignoring all calls out for my name.
  I didn't want to talk to anyone.

  Finally the day was over, I was walking to my car when my phone began to ring and vibrate in my pocket.
   I didn't want to look nor answer it until I got in the car if it wasn't my parents but if it's my friends then I won't answer at all, I know they were worried but right now I didn't care.

      When I got into my car, I started to feel a certain wave of an unknown emotion but it was also a very known emotion.
   The emotion I felt when I was getting bullied by Layla, Meredith and Kat but it was also nothing like that.

   I put my seatbelt on and looked at my phone, it was an unknown number but I didn't want to answer it.
   Screw the opportunities that could've been on the other line, I set my own pavement and don't need anyone's damn helping hand.

    I drove to my house, where my phone began to get spammed but like I said, I didn't care who was worried and who wasn't.
   Although my heart began to break in tiny pieces as I thought of how Jaden would be reacting at this moment, I didn't want them thinking I was doing anything I shouldn't.

      A simple text Scarlett, send it and stop seeking the attention you always wanted..
   But I wasn't seeking any attention, there's something seriously wrong with me and you're all reading this not knowing the outcome.

     I'm home, I park my car and take a deep breath before texting Jaden that I'm home safely and I'll call him later.
   I get out of my car and walk to the doorstep where I hear shouting and screaming coming from inside, my first thought was to leave and go home to Xiomara.

   But I heard Atlantis cry, I barged in and stared at the person standing in the middle of the room.
   My heart dropped to my feet as I stars at the person.

" Surprises are supposed to be good... "