XX. Adventures In Babysitting

Chapter 20, Adventures In Babysitting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Don't give me that look, you and Javon are bald twins. More identical than Jaden. "

    ~ Scarlett's POV ~

          I was staring at my ring every day and ever night, it was the first thing I thought about when I woke up and the last thing I think about when I wake up.
    I bragged about it to all of my friends, family members and strangers on the street because I was excited that this was happening.

   "I can't save us, my Atlantis! We fall, we built this town on shaky ground."

   I sang to 'Atlantis'by Seafret, this was my new comfort song for about two weeks now.
  When Jaden posted about the engagement, so many people were overjoyed and made edits.

    It was adorable, it also gave me new songs to add to my playlist.
  When I walked downstairs, I was greeted with my baby brother staring ahead at the TV in his crib.

    He's almost a month, I really don't believe that time flew so fast.
   I walked over to him and he smiled at me, I picked him up and placed him on my hip before I walked over to the kitchen where my dad was.

   "Father, could you believe that I'm getting married?"

   I asked my dad who looked at me and smiled, he kissed my forehead and kissed Atlas's cheek.

   " Well, I was married young Scar, I was married by seventeen. "

    My father informed me, I looked at him and my jaw dropped.
  I knew he didn't go to college and just jumped straight into acting but I had zero thought he also got married my age.

     Just kidding I did, I know almost everything about my father.
   Before Alana and Atlas, it was seriously just me and my father which meant we were each other's best friends for a good while.

     "It's like I'm falling into your footsteps, that's how alike we are."

      My dad chuckled and we smiled, I walked away from him and sat back on the couch.
    Atlas was slowly learning how to crawl but not fully, he wasn't allowed on the ground if there wasn't an adult around him.

    I remember getting nightmares about accidentally hurting my brother, whether he fell by accident or I forgot to do something for him.
    At one point I had gotten super scared and called Jaden, it was the middle of the night and I couldn't deal with it alone.

    Jaden came over that same night, he walked to the house and knocked on the door.
  When he came over, he walked upstairs and then knocked on my bedroom door before entering.

    Jaden watched as I sobbed before he walked over to me and comforter me, I didn't want to let go of him and I'm sure he didn't want to let go of me either.
   Thinking about all of this going on, Jaden truly stuck by my side through thick and thin not acknowledging last year.

    "So if you and dad are going on a date, does this mean I can invite my friends over and we can babysit Atlas together?"

    I asked, Alana looked at me as I sat down on her bed and grabbed my brother who was squealing like a pig.
   That was mean, oh well.

   "Alright fine, order whatever food you want and don't forget about feeding Atlas."

    My mom told me as she put on her diamond earrings, I looked at her and nodded before smiling down at my pig- I mean brother.
   She looked really gorgeous.

  "You look amazing mom.."

   I complimented her, she wore was absolutely amazing and hugged her curves the correct way.
   She looked at me and kissed my head and rubbing her lipstick off of my forehead but only smudging it.

    Alana groaned and grabbed a make up wipe, she handed it to me and I wiped it off.
  I got up from the bed and picked up my brother, I walked downstairs and sat on the couch.

    "Let's watch... Criminal Minds because that was my obsession before."

   I told Atlas, he looked at me and gave me a side eye.

  " Don't give me that look, you and Javon are bald twins. More identical than Jaden. "

    I told him, before laughing which caused him to let out his very first laugh.
  My eyes widen and I looked at him, he had an adorable laugh.

    "Mom! He had his first laugh!"

    Alana ran down the stairs, she looked at her son and picked him up.
  She kissed his cheek and then gave him back to me.

     "Alright we're out, so be good and we'll be right back. Stay safe, I love you both and call me if anything."

   My dad said before kissing my forehead and kissed my brother's cheek, I waved them goodbye and then called my friends.
   The only people that came was Jaden, Xiomara, Delilah and Javon.

      Which is good because they're my best friends and I was always planning on playing cupid on Javon and Delilah, I was about to get them together tonight.
    They just don't know that, only Xiomara and Jaden know and even Atlas.

      Jaden, Xiomara, Atlas and I walked upstairs to my room.
  We started to come up with plan on how we would get them together, Jaden straight up though we should play truth or dare which was shot down.

      Xiomara decided we would watch a movie which I decided would be Toy Story and then bring blankets and make popcorn, we give Delilah and Javon a blanket and they would soon either find themselves glued together or distancing themselves.
   There's literally no wonder why I always go to Xiomara for ideas or plans, she literally the best person to come to.