LVIII. Dressing The Bride

Chapter 58, Dressing The Bride
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Never in a million years would i have even think about this day coming.. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

      The day that everyone has been waiting for is finally here, it's my wedding day and I'll be lying if i said that i wasn't even the slightest scared.
   As my alarm went off to wake me up, I took a moment to collect my thoughts and to take a deep breath before sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

    I got up from bed and sluggishly walked to my bathroom where I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I brushed my hair and took out the knots.
   I dried my face and walked out of the bathroom with a small smile, I walked out of my bedroom and then walked downstairs where my parents were with my brother.

    "Happy wedding day honey, Jessica said we could get you ready at her house."

     Alana informed and greeted me, i smiled and hugged her before nodding and walking over to my dad.
    The wedding started at around three and it was currently 10:38 in the morning, I had to get my hair down and my nails done so i walked back upstairs to change into an outfit so that Alana and I could go together.

      Everytime i enter my room, I feel this wave of sadness wash over me as if it's a gut feeling trying to warn me about something but there's nothing to worry about.
   Then, i look at the vanity and the only reason I feel this way is because of my mom and the photo we have together which takes me back to a dark place that i don't ever want to be back in again.

       Mothers are supposed to love unconditionally, they shouldn't be the reason you're crying every night or feeling like garbage every day, they should be the ones lifting you up not putting you down.
   I know i have Alana as a mom, i know she's going to be the one to show me the ropes in this life but that doesn't replace the empty hole in my heart due to my mom.

    After i got dressed, I walked downstairs with my phone and grabbed Alana's hand, she was standing by the counter and she turned around with a smile.
   I looked at her with the same warm smile before she grabbed the car keys and walking outside of the house, I trailed behind her pushing away the horrible feeling that was inside of me.

    The feeling was like a stomach ache but worse, it made me shake and made me look around as if to hope someone to notice and save me, but that won't happen.
   So instead, i sucked all of it up and sat in the passenger seat.

       I had my nails done already the color and design that i wanted, now it was time for to me to do my hair and i wasn't excited about it considering some hair stylists burn the hell out of my head.
   When we arrived to the salon, i took another deep breath, it felt like I was suffocating but I wasn't at all which is confusing if you ask me.

      I sat down at the chair and closed my eyes as the lady did my hair, she was gentle when washing and careful when she was combing it.
   This was the first time a hair stylist was able to do my hair without making me bite down on my bottom lip to keep the tears inside of my eyes, this made me feel much more better.

         Once my hair was done, I paid the lady, Alana and I walked out of the Salon with a smile on our faces, I got into the car and put on my seatbelt as the butterflies in my stomach multiplied with the nervousness dancing around my veins.
    As Alana drove us to the Waltons house, I was wondering if people would make an edit of Jaden and I from when we were in our sophomore year to now.

    "You've been awfully quiet, why's that?"

      Alana asked as we stopped at a red light, i looked at her and tried to figure out the correct words to say without meaning something different.

  " Never in a million years would I have even think about this day coming. "

     I admitted sheepishly as i let out a little laugh, Alana smiled at me and then continued driving until we pulled up to their house.
   When Alana parked the car, i got out and we walked together to the house, forgot to mention that the wedding dress was in the trunk and Alana is holding it right now.

     Sometimes I wonder if Jaden and I decided to not get back together, who would be in my shoes right this second? Probably Meredith and that was an image that i didn't need to see at all.
    After knocking on the door, Jessica opened it and quickly allowed us in before leading us upstairs and into her room where Kylee, Jayla, Cora, Delilah and Xiomara stood in their bridesmaids and maid of honor dress.

    They all looked so pretty, I smiled at them before i was ushered to the bathroom to take a shower, I made sure to shave all the body hair that I had on my legs and under arms.
   I made sure to exfoliate my body and leave it feeling soft and smooth before getting out of the shower and drying myself, i wrapped my body in a towel and stood in the bathroom until i was fully dry.

      I put my under clothes on and then left the bathroom where it was time for me to get dressed, although i had a smile on my face throughout the dressing situation, it didn't call down my nerves.
     But it could be possible that I'm just overreacting and/or overwhelmed.

Right?