Chapter 16: A Beginning

^^ Jett

Chapter 16: A Beginning

Cameron's POV:

I was quiet the whole evening and by the time it was dark I laid in silence in the darkness of Jett's room. I laid on my side and stared at the wall blankly. I felt the bed shift and his arms were around my waist and his face was in my hair.

"What's wrong?" He said taking a deep breath.

"You don't understand the feeling of being alone your whole life and then finally you can just grasp that life of family and a house and that fantasy, yet it is just slipping from me. It's teasing me." I sighed.

"You know Ace is one of the best right?" He asked.

"I know he is good at killing. I didn't ever here of him finding people."

"Are you kidding? All those people he killed were under high intensity security, lock and key and placed in secluded areas in the human realm. Ace can track people amazingly which is why he costs so much."

"How much does he cost?" I asked.

"To do this job I could have spent up to five grand." He explained.

"He must have people helping him." I said.

"Yes and no. He has people assisting him such as the lords of each realm but he doesn't pay them for information. They gladly give it to him because they know he can kill them easily because of his skills."

"How did you two meet?" I asked.

"He was abandoned on my mother and fathers travels to a different realm. He was not accepted by vampires nor elves so they took him in. My mother is a softy and can't handle seeing anyone troubled. So she raised him as her own and he has been indebted to us ever since."

"Indebted to you?" I asked.

"Not in the way you think. We don't make him work for us but he feels obliged to drop anything he is doing to help us. I called him this afternoon and said I needed his help and he got here as fast as he could. Also, he is working as fast as he can to find your parents. He is doing everything in his power to help you."

"But he doesn't know me." I frowned.

"Not necessarily, he knows what you may become if you are a Storm and also he was helping me out by helping you."

"How?"

"Simple; if you're happy then I am happy. If you're not happy then I am not happy."

"Cheesy." I said.

"No. You just haven't been in a relationship so you don't understand. You are my mate and I would do everything in my power to make you smile. You hardly smile and that makes me feel horrible because I then think that you are always sad."

"I'm not always sad, I just don't smile often." I shrugged.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Because I was lonely my whole life and it made me feel weird to have someone care for me. It makes me feel different." I said turning and smiling. He lightly touched my cheeks.

"See? There is that smile. It is absolutely gorgeous." He grinned I pressed a hard kiss to his lips and he returned the passion.

"I can promise you that I will do everything in my power to make you the happiest girl on the earth if it is the last thing I do." He vowed.

"That is a pretty serious vow." I said.

"I wouldn't have done it if I didn't mean it." He said looking deep into my eyes. I pressed another heated kiss to his lips and smiled.

"You're great." I smiled cuddling into him.

"I know, I know." He teased rubbing my back.