Chapter 27- Cassandra and Ryan

Cameron's POV:

I bit my nails nervously as we drove to the stronghold; only the most royal could get in and considering Jett was said royal we could go in. Tyler sat in the back seat as we drove down a dirt road surrounded by a forest. It was annoying me and I growled looking to Jett.

"Can you speed up Jett?" I asked impatiently and he obliged speeding up. Suddenly the forest ended and a beautiful dark stone strong hold stood against the green luscious grass. It was every wolf's dream to live here with the open land and no one being able to enter in unless you were a royal wolf.

"Cam if you bite your nails anymore you are going to chew off your fingers." Jett said trying to lighten the mood. He took my hand and squeezed it and Tyler scoffed.

"You guys are so annoying." He sighed, I laughed looking out as we turned down the path to get to the stronghold.

I took a deep breath as we pulled up to the dark wood doors. I got out and walked up hesitantly knocking on the door. A man wearing jeans and a sweater stared at me.

"Uh who are you?" He asked and a lump formed in my throat.

"M-my name is C-Cameron..." I said scared as to what I might find. He crossed his arms and stared at me.

"Are you a solicitor?" He asked raising an eyebrow and before I could respond I heard a woman speak.

"Dimitri who is at the door?" A woman asked. She moved over to see a woman with brown curly hair that was half up and half down. Her eyes were a bright grey and she stared at me curiously.

"Anastasia?" She asked in a thick accent and I couldn't do anything but nod. She walked to the front and gestured for us to come in.

"Ryan, Ryan! Come here, quickly!" She called. The door shut and she lightly touched my face and looked into my eyes.

"Anastasia is that really you?" She asked tears coming in her eyes.

"I-I don't know...am I?" I asked.

"You have your unnatural grey hair from the Storm genes...your eyes are just like I remember; your pointed nose and gorgeous smile." She said placing her hands on my shoulders. I looked at the staircase to see a man with slicked back hair walk down. He had on a blue suit with a light blue shirt on underneath.

"Anastasia?" He asked and I nodded feeling tears come into my eyes.

"Anastasia we-we..." She said before letting tears fall.

"Why did you leave me?" I asked quietly.

"I wanted to protect you, darling. You are my first child and my only girl I wanted you to have a better life. We live in a secluded stronghold." She gestured.

"Mom you left me with people who hate me! They exiled me from the pack!" I yelled backing up and their faces were shocked.

"W-what? Why? She said she would protect you...?" She said confused.

"Well she didn't, they kicked me out in my own; I got expelled from schools because of no family." I said angrily.

"Well where do you live now?" She asked worriedly.

"Now you are worried." I said sarcastically.

"I am living with my mate ; Jett Silvermoon." I said gesturing to Jett.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Silvermoon." My father said shaking his hand.

"Ana you must know that we thought you would enjoy living as a regular werewolf. I am so sorry for any pain we caused and I know our apologies probably mean nothing- but I am so happy you are alive and well." She said and I nodded.

"Thanks...I- to be honest I hate royals." I said.

"Why?" My father asked.

"I find the council stuck up and there are so many rules and violations to follow. They literally treat us like dogs and those who aren't lots are treated worse."

"Anastasia you are a Storm one of the most highly respected royals and our first born." He said.

"You have another born?" I asked and my mom smiled.

"Yes Dimitri he is sixteen." She said gesturing to the boy who opened the door. He was sixteen? More like twenty.

"So now what?" I asked.