Episode 1.3

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
❛ TWO CATHOLICS AND A JEW ❜

wannabe // the spice girlsdon't stop         //         5sos━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

don't stop // 5sos
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"DO YOU KNOW THE BIT ABOUT HOW WE DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING AT THIS TIME," James said. "And anything we say or do say maybe be given in evidence. You know, our right to remain silent? You haven't told me about my right to remain silent! What about my right to remain silent?"

"Love?" Cecilia said in the least affectionate as she massaged her temples.

"Yeah?" He said, a little scared. "Babe?"

"I know you love movies, I love movies too, but this," she motioned towards their surroundings. "This isn't a fucking movie. This isn't America. We don't have any fucking rights – they just throw us into prison and then we die there."

"We can't go to prison girls," Erin said.  "We're too delicate."

"We go to convent school, Erin, for fucks sake," Michelle said. "We'll be grand."

"Excuse me, ma'am," Clare said to the female police officer sitting beside her. "Can I just say I'd be absolutely willing to give evidence against these guys if the right deal was on the table."

"Well, it's great to know how much your friends mean to you, Clare," Cecilia spat.

THE SIX OF THEM SAT IN AN INTERROGATION ROOM, with a rather sullen looking cop sitting on the other side of the table with a pen and notepad open in front of him.

Cecilia's anxious nail chewing was stopped by Michelle pulling her hand away from her mouth.

"Stop it," Michelle whispered harshly.

Cecilia didn't reply, just wiped her hand against the fabric of her gingham skirt when the door to the interrogation room opened and in walked a rather handsome looking man in a chief constable's uniform.

"Sir," said the man across the table as he stood up.

"Sir!" Clare copied the man forcing Cecilia to smack her hand against her face.

"Dickhead," Michelle snarled.

"Please, sit down," the constable told Clare who promptly sat back down on her chair.

"Okay, ladies," the constable said as he himself took a seat. "We'd just like to ask you a few questions."

"Nice uniform," Michelle flirted with  the constable.

"Thank you."

"Oh, you're welcome."

"Not now, Michelle," James groaned.