Episode 5.2

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
❛ PRET A PORTER ❜

jealousy, jealousy // olivia rodrigo love grows    //   edison lighthouse ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

love grows // edison lighthouse
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SINCE CECILIA'S MA HAD PROMISED SARAH MCCOOL that she would help out with Orla's formal dress, which was why she found herself at the Quinn-McCool house with pins in her mouth as she refitted Orla's Easter dress to better suit the girls figure. She folded the hem of the yellow dress twice to make it look less modest and stuck a pin on either side so that the folds stayed up.

"Sarah could you just-" she motioned towards the back of the dress she had pinched together.

"Sure, love." Sarah placed her cigarette in the ashtray and strutted over placing her hand where Cecilia's was so that she could get a better look at the dress.

"Maybe we could lower the neckline?" Cecilia asked. "Add some lace to the sleeves- I could tear some off from my old white dress, it'd look beautiful."

"Would you charge for it?" Sarah asked.

"No?" The red head replied, should she have been charging for refitting Orla's old Easter dress?

"Then go ahead, love." Cecilia gave the woman a tight lipped smile and walked closer to where Orla stood on the stool with her brown lock held up in her hands. She whipped the measuring tape from around her neck and wrapped it around Orla's sleeve, paying little to no attention to the argument between Mary and Erin in the background.

She pulled out the ballpoint that held her hair together and scribbled Orla's measurements down on her wrist.

"Honestly, Erin I think we'll look so cracker if we both rock in wearing these." Orla told her cousin. Erin looked to Cecilia with pleading eyes, hoping that someone be on her side of the argument.

"It's really is a nice dress, Erin." Cecilia told the girl as she took a step to her left so that they could get a better look at it. "Pair it with a pair of white shoes and it'd look absolutely lovely."

"Traitor." Erin said to Cecilia before turning back to her mother. "I really like this fella, mammy."

"Well, if he really likes you it won't matter what you wear." Mary said sweetly before walking away.

"Oh, come off it."

"Have you a date lined up, Cecilia?" Sarah asked the red haired girl as she stuck a few pins into the back of Orla's dress, pushing Sarah's hands off it.

"Oh, I'm not going," Cecilia said. "James and I are going to this Doctor Who convention, it's going to be so much fun!"

Sarah looked at the girl for a second, confused by what Cecilia had just said before turning her attention to Orla. "What about you, Orla, love?"