Episode 4.3

CHAPTER THIRTY
❛ MARIJUANA AND OTHER DRUGS ❜

a hard day's night  //  the beatles what's my age again // blink-182━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

what's my age again // blink-182
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"AND NOW THE WHOLE OF DERRY thinks Mary is a witch!" Tiffany Hollis said as she brought out the bowl mashed potatoes from the kitchen. It truly was a good day for middle aged women who had nothing better to do than gossip.

"Surely you don't believe that, mammy?" Cecilia asked as she placed two sausages onto her plate- her mouth watering slightly. "I mean, if every frightening middle aged woman was a witch, then we'd have a whole lot of witches in Derry."

At least her father laughed at her joke.

"Of course I don't believe that Mary's a witch," Tiffany said as she poured onion gravy over her sausages and mashed potatoes. "Have you met Mary Quinn? She would hardly fit the requirements."

"And what exactly are the requirements to being a witch, love?" Aaron asked cheekily through a mouth full of sausage, forcing Cecilia to hide her smile behind her glass of water.

The matriarch of the household shrugged, shaking her head slightly which made a few strands of her hair that she had tied up to fall out over her face. "I don't know," She said. "Always wearing black- and you've seen those hideous bright coloured sweaters Mary's always wearing? Knows how to use a broom? Ugly? Hooked noses and huge warts all over their faces? Sometimes with green skin?"

"Aren't you just describing the bad witch from the Wizard of Oz?" Cecilia asked her mother.

"The woman is a witch, isn't she?" Tiffany said. "Anyways, I got a call from Eamonn earlier- poor boy is absolutely shaken by his mother's death."

"He's older than you, mammy." Cecilia interjected but Tiffany brushed it aside as she kept talking.

"He's invited us to Bridie's wake tomorrow evening. So I thought maybe I should whip something up? Maybe a pie or perhaps that blueberry bundt cake I always wanted to try." She finished and filled her mouth with the dinner she had spent a good chunk of her time preparing.

"That sounds great, Tiff." Aaron placed his glass of water down. "What time's the wake tomorrow, I won't be able take over your shift at the store though if it's after three. Timmy's coming over for his piano class."

"Actually, you both have to come with me," Tiffany told her husband and daughter. "So you might as well call Timmy mother and cancel."

Cecilia's fork fell from her hand and onto her plate sending the onion gravy that drenched her potatoes and sausages splattering everywhere. "Why do I have to come!?" She more yelled than asked. "I didn't even like Bridie! She nothing but was a complete bitch to me!"