Episode 6.2

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
MEET THE MOTHER ❜

 back to december // taylor swift love of my life         //         queen ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

love of my life // queen
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AARON HELD HIS HANDS OVER HIS EARS to block out Cecilia's screaming, something she had been doing since she came back home from school. "He called me his girlfriend!" She exclaimed as she ran out of her room dressed in light pink dress with a boat neck and a skirt that fell flat without a petticoat. "Well technically Cathy called me his girlfriend but he didn't deny it, so it's basically the same. How do I look?"

Her father looked up from his book and smiled. "Like Grace Kelly." He took another second to look at the dress. "But it's a little too fancy, don't you think? Especially for a dinner?"

Cecilia groaned. "A dinner with my boyfriends mother." She emphasised on the word boyfriend and plopped down on the sofa beside him. "What did you wear when you went to meet grandma and grandad for the first time?"

"My military uniform," he chuckled putting his book down on his lap. "I didn't think your grandfather would shoot a soldier."

"Did he?"

"Almost." He replied. "Y'know sometimes, when I close my eyes I can still see the shot gun tried to drive me out of the house with when he caught me in your mammy's room. But I can't imagine Cathy Maguire just carries a shot gun around with her."

"Well, you probably know her better than me." Cecilia told him as she wondered if she had another dress good enough to wear for dinner.

"I don't actually," Aaron admitted. "The most I know of her is that she's got cracking eyebrows- and that's only because I heard Sarah and your mother talking about that over the phone."

"I suppose she does have good eyebrows." Cecilia said when something stuck her. "What about the peach dress?"

"What?"

"You know, my peach shirt dress? I wore it for your birthday last year?" She asked. "I could pair it with my white oxfords and clip my hair back? It'd be very nineteen forties."

"Do as you please, love." Her father responded, despite not understanding a word of what she said.

Cecilia bent forward and kissed her fathers cheek. She stood up from the couch and straightened the dress before making her way back to her room. She began rummaging through her cupboard till she found the peach dress at the very bottom. Cecilia was quick to strip off the pink dress and tossing it on her bed so that she could slip into the peach one.

By the time she was done with her hair and make up there was a knock on the bedroom door which was followed by her father telling her that James and Cathy were downstairs in the bakery waiting for her.