Episode 1.3

CHAPTER THREE
❛ THE DEAD NUN CONUNDRUM ❜

CHAPTER THREE❛ THE DEAD NUN CONUNDRUM ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA KNEW HER FRIENDS LIKE THE BACK of her hand, so, she knew not to hold them in a very high regard. Even then, she couldn't help but shake her head out of disappointment as Clare went on a rant about how innocent she was in the whole situation.

It was even more disappointing when you took into consideration that Sister Michael hadn't even asked them anything. Clare had just started on her own.

"Right, well, I think it's safe to say we all just lost a bit of respect for you there, Clare," sister Michael said in her regular deadpan tone and everyone nodded in agreement.

"This is just so disappointing, girls," the nun continued. "I mean, threatening a first year!"

"We didn't threaten her sister," Cecilia said as she pointed her thumb towards the O'Connell girl. "I mean— yes, we did technically threaten her but we were never actually going to go through with it. Big Mandy's her sister and she's half fucking gorilla. We're not that big of idiots."

"Yes, thank you for that, miss Byrne," sister Michael sighed.

"Aye, CeCe, you shouldn't swear," Orla said. "Because when you swear our lady in heaven, she cries her tears and they make rain. Isn't that right, sister Michael?"

"What age are you now, Orla?"

"Fifteen."

"Yeah," the nun said. "You might want to think about wising up."

"It was all just a misunderstanding," Erin then said. "I promise, sister."

Sister Michael turned to look at the   first  year.

"Is that right, Tina?" She asked. "Was it all just a misunderstanding?"

"Look, I didn't even report them," Tina said. "I'm not grass. I'm saying  nothing."

"Is it because you're intimidated by them? Tina scoffed at Sister Michael's words.

"Oh, you're serious?" Tina asked when she noticed the nun's expression. "No, I'm not intimidated by them, sister."

"Okay," sister Michael turned back to look at the girl, Orla, and James. "Well, I see no need to take this matter any further, but, if I ever get wind of something like this happening again....."

"Oh, you won't Sister," Erin assured as James raised his arm to ask a question.

"Yeah," Sister Michael asked the boy.

"Sister Michael, can I just quickly ask, um, since there's no male student toilets of the premises, am I permitted to use the staff one?"

"Absolutely not," Sister Michael shut down his request. "Now, I think you all owe Tina an apology, don't you?"