Episode 5.2

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE IRISHMAN IN THE BOOT ❜

cardigan // taylor swift holiday    //    madonna ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

holiday // madonna
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SOON THEY WERE OUT OF THE TRAFFIC and out of Derry, with Gerry's help not that Joe was going to admit that they needed it, and Cecilia had dozed off a few minutes in only for her to be forced awake when the car came to a halt.

"What's going on?" She asked groggily as she jumped out of the claustrophobic car, using the opportunity to stretch her limbs as wipe the drool off her mouth against the handkerchief she had stuffed into her jacket ages ago and forgotten about.

"What the hell were you playing at back there, 'Kemosabe'?" Joe asked Gerry rudely as he stepped out of the car as well.

"That's actually a Native American term." Gerry corrected Joe which didn't help her case a lot.

"Who were you meant to be?"

"Japanese." Mary responded on Gerry's behalf.

"I didn't think you get much Japanese tourism in Derry, do you?" James asked.

"Aye, 'cause that's why it wasn't believable, dickweed." Michelle said as she walked over to James.

"What's going on?" Erin asked as she approached her mother. "Why have we stopped?"

"Punt purse is in the suitcase." Mary replied.

"Punts are suck a pain in the ass." Sarah said. "Why can't they just use Sterling?"

"Well, they did for a while, Sarah," Mary told her sister. "But then, you know, partition happened."

"Well they could have at least chosen a better name than 'punt'." Cecilia said as she took off her jean jacket and tied it around her waist allowing whatever part of her arms that wasn't covered by her white Beatles t-shirt to soak up the sunlight.

"Holy God!" Gerry yelled out startling everyone as a moustached man emerged from the boot of their car.

"Jesus Christ!" Mary exclaimed.

"Did you not put him in there aunt Mary?" Asked Orla to which Mary obviously replied no. "Alright? How's it going?" Orla leaned closer towards the man but was pulled back.

"Not too bad." The man huffed as he pulled himself up from the boot and Cecilia swiftly intertwined her hand with James' out of fear. "Not too bad and yourself?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Mary asked pushing Orla behind.

"Ah, Emmett's the name." The man responded. "Well, not my real name, like, but it'll have to do. Anyway, I'll not be keeping you."

"No, hold on." Mary pushed the lid of the boot back up as Emmett tried to shut it. "Wait."

"Yeah?" Emmett asked.