Episode 4.2

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
❛ THE CORPSE AND THE BRIDE ❜

rock the boat //  hues corporation season of the witch // lana del rey ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

rock the boat // hues corporation
season of the witch // lana del rey
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SO, CECILIA WAS RIGHT earlier when she told her mother that an unappealing cake wasn't going to ruin the big day for the bride and groom since that was already done by Sarah McCool when she walked down the isle only a few steps ahead of Sloane and her father, thereby stealing the poor girls spotlight on a day that was supposed to be all about her.

Sneaking a glass of champagne from the table- which was supposed to be off limits to anyone under the legal drinking age- Cecilia gulped it down before walking over to Erin and Orla, dragging them away from the conversation with their family.

"So, everyone's talking about Sarah." Cecilia told the cousins. "Also the brides family should have invested in a better brand of champagne."

Erin ignored the second half of the statement. "Anything good?" She asked.

"Not in the slightest." Cecilia shook her head. "The bride has been crying ever since the ceremony got over," They all turned to look at the brunette in the fluffy gown who had her bridesmaids consoling her as she wailed. "And I don't think it's because of how shitty the lighting was in the chapel."

"Oh, God!" Erin mumbled under her breath.

"Why do you think everyone's staring at us?" Orla asked, as she twirled the stick of her lollipop in her hand.

"They're all just jealous of your outfit, Orla."  Cecilia lied knowing the McCool girl wouldn't be able to tell anyway. "Their's are just so boring and yours is so....sporty."

Orla bought the lie quicker than one could imagine am stuck the lollipop back into her mouth.

"Jesus." Erin sighed, covering her face with her hand after receiving another dirty look from one of the wedding guests.

"Just relax." Cecilia said. "Sneak a glass of champagne from the table, it's supposed to be only one per guest but they're not keeping count. I checked."

"How?" The blonde girl asked.

"I've already downed two glasses," Cecilia admitted, thankfully she wasn't a lightweight. "This most boring event I've ever been to and I once watched a taping of my parents wedding."

"Why?"

"I was bored, didn't think it would make me want to hang myself." Cecilia's eyes fell back to the many glasses on the white cloth covered table before flickering over Erins shoulder. "I recommend you have one too."

"I think I can go through a wedding reception without drowning myself in alcohol, Cecilia." Erin scoffed.

The red head smiled at the two cousins wickedly. "That's not why." She shook her head, ready to walk away when Erin turned around only see her great uncle Colm approaching them.