Episode 1.1

CHAPTER NINETEEN
❛ FINE PROTESTANT ASS ❜

let's talk about sex // salt-n-pepa victoria              //            the kinks ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

victoria              //            the kinks
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA RAN HER HAND across the bathroom mirror, spitting out the white foam that had become of her toothpaste and gargling out whatever was left of her minty paste. She picked up her hairbrush that lay on the edge of the porcelain sink, running it through the short red locks she had chopped off last night, hastily and sloppily.

A sudden banging on the bathroom door startled Cecilia forcing her to drop her hairbrush. "Ma's calling you for breakfast!" Her brother yelled from the other side.

"Fuck off, Liam!" Cecilia barked back as she threw her brush into her hygiene kit, holding it in one hand as she picked up her pastel blue high tops and left the bathroom, skidding down the hallways in her sock clad feet.

"Morning, love." Stephen Dunne greeted his daughter as she walked into the dining room, folding the day's newspaper and putting it aside so that he could eat his breakfast. "All ready for your weekend with the Prods?"

"Yup." Cecilia said, tugging on her shoelaces to tighten them. "I'm ready for a weekend of mending relations with the opposing culture." She quoted Erin from a few days ago.

"No need to get too friendly- toast?" Her father asked and Cecilia pushed her plate forward as she tied the laces on her right shoe. "I'm in no need for grandchildren, let alone Protestant ones."

"You never told Liam that when he left for uni." She grumbled, leaning over the table and pulling the butter tray forward.

"That's because I'm smart." Liam who sitting beside her said through a mouth filled with eggs.

"You're a dose." Cecilia mumbled just as her mother walked out with a bacon filled plate, her sleepy expression changing into a displeased one at the sight of Cecilia's hair which now ended just above her shoulders.

"Will you stop looking at me like that, mammy?" Cecilia asked placing her bacon butty down to look up at her mother who looked like she was about to burst into tears.

"It was just so beautiful!" Maeve cried as she motioned towards Cecilia's face. "And now its all gone!"

"For gods sake, love," Aaron said as he took a sip out of his tea. "It's just hair, she'll grow some more in no time."

"What's the point?" Maeve shook her head as she buttered her toast and placed two strips of bacon on it. "She's just going to cut it off again."