Episode 1.1

CHAPTER ONE
❛ THE START OF FIFTEEN ❜

CHAPTER ONE ❛ THE START OF FIFTEEN ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"COME ON, COME ON, UP, UP ,UP," Ada Byrne's voice was followed by the sharp sound of the curtain rings scraping against the iron rod. "The sun's up and shining for your first day of term."

"The sun doesn't shine in Derry, mammy," Cecilia groaned into her mattress. "That's why we're all so bloody pasty."

Just as she was about to drift back to sleep, Cecilia had all sense of warmth ripped off of her when her mum removed her duvet from over her body.

"Come on, CeCe," her mother said. "We can't have you missing the bus on your first day back."

"My bus to hell?"

"Your bus to school," Ada said sternly as she tossed the duvet aside. "Now, shift it – before your brother hogs up the bathroom."

Cecilia began to groan but was cut off when she felt her mother pinch her thigh.

"I'm getting up, I'm getting up," the auburn-haired girl groaned and used her arms to push her abdomen up before throwing her legs off of her bed where they immediately hit her TARDIS alarm clock (she'd thrown it when it rang a couple of minutes prior). She picked it up and placed it on her nightstand.

"A little faster, Cecilia, love," her mother sighed and she promptly shoot up from her warm bed.

"Why does Alex spend so much time in the bathroom anyway," Cecilia asked, annoyed, as she hopped, skipped, and jumped through the cave of wonders that had become of her bedroom as she made her way to her closet. "There's no amount of make up in this world that can make him look less ugly."

She pulled out the hanger with her freshly ironed and dry-cleaned uniform on it and threw it over her shoulder before standing on her toes and pulling out the box with her new shoes in it.

"And I think that – " Cecilia turned around her heel to see that the person she was ranting to, her mother, was gone from the bedroom.

"Oh," she said.

Cecilia tucked the shoe box under her arm and picked up her makeup kit from beside her sewing machine.

The moment Cecilia stepped out of her room, her eyes locked with the eyes of her twin brother, Alex. She tightened her grip around her essentials and tilted her head a bit to the left.

"Morning, CeCe," Alex greeted her and took a step forward.

Cecilia mirrored his actions but took a step further ahead.

"Alexander," she nodded curtly.

"Lovely morning – "

"Oh, catch yourself on," she said and began to sprint towards the bathroom.