Episode 6.2

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
❛ ALL PRESS IS GOOD PRESS ❜

you need to calm down // taylor swiftsmells like teen spirit      //     nirvana━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

smells like teen spirit      //     nirvana
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA'S SHIRT WAS A FADING FUCHSIA, which as one could have predicted was a very weird conversation with Mary once they had returned to the Quinn home to take back their uniforms. Now she didn't mind the colour, Cecilia actually quite liked it on confetti, spandex, sometimes on bridesmaid dresses and even on the flower itself. But she didn't appreciate having to pair it with her emerald green skirt and blazer.

She tried to make an argument with her mother about skipping school entirely instead of being seen in this monstrosity of an ensemble but Tiffany wasn't having anything, nearly kicking Cecilia off her bed if she hadn't jumped off out of fear herself.

"It's not that bad." James tried to reason as he walked down the corridors along with the girls- spare of Erin who had gone her separate way the moment she jumped off the bus.

"Oh shut up, James." Cecilia spat as she wrapped her blazer tighter around her chest so that no one could see the electric colour of her shirt. "This is an atrocity. I am an embarrassment to fashion! What would Anna Wintour say!?"

"I really don't think the editor of a fashion magazine cares about that a girl in Derry is wearing bright pink with green." Clare told her.

"It's fuchsia." Cecilia corrected.

"No one fucking cares!" Michelle groaned and Cecilia rolled her eyes, shoving her hands into the pockets of her blazer.

Just then in the distance, they spotted Erin walking towards them sticking out like a sore thumb in her identical fuchsia shirt. The group stopped for Erin only for her to march right past them without muttering a single word.

"Looks like someone's excited for her first day as editor." Cecilia let out a laugh in disbelief as they all watched the blonde girl walk away.

Cecilia pulled the leather strap of her bag higher up on her shoulder before looking down at the watch on her wrist. "I should go too," She sighed. "I need to pitch my article to the editor who refused to take it at the bus stop because it was quote unquote, unprofessional."

"What's it going to be about?" James asked before she could make her way to the library as well. "The article?"

"Shoes of the world." Cecilia said as positively as she could and Michelle snickered at her idea. "Don't laugh, it took me all night to think of that."