Episode 3.3

CHAPTER NINE
❛ NOBODY NEEDS TO KNOW ❜

no body, no crime  //  taylor swift worship you // vampire weekend ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

worship you // vampire weekend
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO FEEL as her mother stalked back and forth behind her for at least half an hour now since Cecilia had gotten home from school, making her feel as though she was in some kind of police interrogation rather than a safe place to live.

Her father was there too, sitting on the opposite end of the table from Cecilia drowning in the monthly bills and sipping on a cup of piping hot milky tea.

"Okay," Her mother sighed, rubbing her temples. "So you refuse to come to church with us every Sunday because you say you don't believe in God. Yet on the morning before the exam not only are you in the chapel praying but you also claim that you saw the statue of our Virgin Mother weep?"

Cecilia nodded.

"And all this before an exam you didn't study for?"

She nodded once again and her mother clicked her tongue before finally taking a seat beside Cecilia. "Aaron what do you have to say about this?"

Aaron Hollis looked up from his calculator, his eyes flickered between his daughter and his wife the without saying a word he clicked the back end of his pen and looked back down.

"Very helpful, da." Cecilia's mother smacked the back of her head forcing her to let out a low groan.

"Don't talk to your father that way." Cecilia moved her hand to the part of her head that hurt, slowly rubbing it as a method of nursing if. "Now, I talked to sister Michael over the phone and she thinks you lot are lying to get out of giving the exam."

"Whom would you rather trust, mammy?" Cecilia asked. "Sister Michael, a woman you barely know? Or your own daughter who you bore in your stomach for nine months and raised?"

"Sister Michael." Tiffany said directly. "Especially considering my own daughter whom I 'bore' for nine months and raised has caused me nothing but trouble since the year began."

"Fair enough." Cecilia mumbled, choosing to look back down at her school shoes.

Tiffany folded her arms, pressing them against her chest before falling back into the hard wooden chair. "Are you lying, Cecilia?" She asked. "Tell me if you are- truthfully."

Cecilia shook her head, slowly. "I'm not lying, mammy. I swear. I know what I saw."

Her mother cleared her throat and stood up again. "Alright." She said curtly. "Go to your room and change and then you can finish decorating the wedding cake for tomorrow."

"Okay." Cecilia nodded softly pushing her chair behind, grabbing the blazer she had hung on it and rushed up to her room. Shutting the door and falling to the ground.