Episode 2.1

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
❛ JOHN KEATING COULD NEVER ❜

keating's triumph     //    maurice jarre kids don't stand a chance // v weekend ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

keating's triumph // maurice jarre
kids don't stand a chance // v weekend
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA SNEEZED INTO HER HANDKERCHIEF before crumpling it up and stuffing in into her blazer pocket before continuing to read the letter her brother had written to her about Manchester and his girlfriend, Audrey who- for some reason- was still willingly in a relationship with her brother.

"What're you reading?" James asked from over her shoulder and Cecilia instinctively folded the few pages shut.

"Just a letter from my brother." Cecilia said before coughing into her fist and looking up at James. "His school started yesterday."

"Oh. That's nice." James said awkwardly. "I don't think your brother liked me very much."

"Liam only like a select few people, but you don't need to worry your pretty little head about it." She said as she gently hit James' head with her sketchbook before taking her place in line along side Michelle, Clare, Orla, Erin and of course James as sister Michael took the stage along with their drama teacher and a random well dressed man.

"As you all know, at the beginning of term the bishop graciously bestowed a beautiful piece of religious art into Our Lady Immaculate College: the enchanting Child of Prague," Sister Michael said and Cecilia's eyes went straight to the purple cloth that the headmistress lifted off to reveal the statue that had been proudly sitting in her office for a while now. "There we are. Sure isn't he a great fella altogether?" Cecilia stared at the statue in confusion as to why sister Michael had taken such an affinity to it.

"I still don't get what it's supposed to be." James said to the girl.

"It's Jesus as a wain." Michelle cleared up for her cousin from Cecilia's other side as the red head nodded in agreement.

"Why has he got a big red hat on?" James asked to which Cecilia shrugged.

"Not a fucking clue." She said.

"It was the Bishops wish that he be passed around all the schools in the Derry diocese," Sister Michael continued. "Therefore, we are joined here this morning by mister Malone, headmaster of St. Benedict's so that the handover ceremony can take place." She turned to face the well dressed man. "You are very welcome, mister Malone though I fear you may have had a wasted journey. I've thought about it, and I'd much rather just hold on to him, actually.

"He brightens up my office," Sister Michael turned to look at her students before saying in a stern tone, "He doesn't answer back. I like the fella. And if the Bishop has a problem with that, he can take it up with me. Now, what else was there?"

Sister Michael shuffles through the papers in front of her as the headmaster at St. Benedict's looked at her with a dumbfounded expression when their drama teacher handed her a sheet. "Ah, yes, sadly sister Patrick has decided to leave us-"