Episode 2.2

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
❛ DERRY POETS SOCIETY ❜

fly me to the moon // frank sinatrathis love              //            taylor swift━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

this love   // taylor swift
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA TOOK A HUGE SWIG out of Erin's cough syrup bottle. She wiped her sweater sleeve before stuffing whatever was left of her snowball into her mouth.

"I- I just don't get it." She said as she stared down at her blank notepad. "Why can't she just grade our paper like a normal teacher? Does she actually think we're actually yearning to become poets or something?"

"I want to become a poet." Erin said from her seat at the head of the table.

"Oh fuck off, Erin." Cecilia took another swig out of the bottle. "I still haven't forgiven you for what you said in class."

Erin looked at her friend, appalled, before deciding that her poetry assignment was more important at the moment and looking back down at her notepad.

"I agree with, CeCe." Clare groaned hitting her pencil against the Quinn's dinner table, nearly breaking it into half. "This whole writing from the soul carry-on is a nightmare."

"Me too." James said from beside Cecilia.

"What rhymes with ride?" Michelle said from the other end of the dinner table.

"Bide." Clare answered.

"Bide?" Michelle asked. "What the fuck does bide mean? Bide? That's not a word."

"It is a word, Michelle."

"Bide? You've pure made that up."

"Guide, slide, fried?" Cecilia offered as a word that rhymed with ride before the argument between Clare and Michelle could escalate.

"Can we all be quite, please?" Erin requested.

"What do you think, James?" Orla asked as she picked up her sheet of paper showing him a drawing she did that sort of made him look like the devil. "You've got red eyes 'cause I ran out of brown."

"His eyes are green." Cecilia corrected, not looking up from her notepad as she drew a rough outline of what Miss De Brun was wearing earlier in the day.

"Now you tell me." Orla scoffed as she put the piece of paper back down while James stealing a quick glance at the red head and the drawing she was doing instead of doing her assignment.

Cecilia tucked her hair behind her ears, staring at the sketch it pride before tearing that page out of her notepad and folding it before stuffing the piece of paper into the pocket of her school blazer.

"What do you think I should write about?" She asked James, chewing the end of her ballpoint pen as Erin went on and on about letting shit flow through her in the background. "I mean, obviously the whole romance poem thing is overrated."