Episode 3.1

CHAPTER SEVEN
❛ THE MOTHER FUCKING 
CHILDREN   OF  FATIMA ❜

from the ritz to the rubble // arctic monkeyswhat's my age again?            //          blink 182━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

what's my age again? // blink 182
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE TENSION OF THE HISTORY EXAM was a burden on Cecilia's shoulders. She couldn't sleep, she tried but she just couldn't - nor could she study - she tried to but all she did was hours and hours was stare at the pages- and Erin's constant moaning about her dead dog didn't help either.

Her head rested on James' head as he read out whatever had been typed down on the page, his voice was slow and tired and Cecilia knew that he was just as close to falling asleep as she was.

"It's so sad, it really is. It's so sad." Clare cut off Erin's mourning. "But at the same time, what's done is done, so let's crack on." Clare aggressively patted the history textbook before taking another sip of her energy drink.

"Well I'm sorry, Clare. Has his sudden, tragic death interrupted your studies?" Erin asked sarcastically.

"It has a bit, actually, yeah." Clare nodded, taking a large swig out of her drink.

"How could you be so heartless!?" Erin cried, looking down at the photo of her grandfather and the dog with glassy eyes.

"Don't cry, Erin. He's in a better place now." Orla said as a method of comforting her cousin, which was good and all till she added, "Unless he's not, you know, because unless he's gone to hell."

"Can we please talk about something else?" Michelle asked. "I'm half torn and this is wrecking my head!"

Cecilia turned her head so that she was looking at Michelle now instead of James' history textbook. "Have you been drinking?" She asked the Mallon girl who did not hold back with her reply.

"Yes, I have." Michelle said frustratingly. "And for future reference, if any of you invite me to a study sleepover again and I'm desperate enough to accept that invitation, there's a good chance I'll have a litre bottle of Pernod in my bag."

Michelle uncapped the bottle of alcohol in her hand and took a gulp out of it.

"I shouldn't even have to sit the exam!" Erin cried once more. "On, you know, compassionate grounds."

Cecilia rolled her eyes, deciding to put an end to Erin's melodrama. "For fucks sake, Erin, he was just a dog!" She told her and Clare nodded in agreement as she crushed the can and threw it to wherever the others were.

"Toto was much more than a dog!" Erin flipped the frame so that they were all staring at the picture of Joe with the dog. "Toto was my best friend!"

Cecilia sighed, turning back to look at the pages.