Episode 5.1

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
❛ NEW GIRL ❜

hey girl // zooey deschanel angel eyes          //         abba ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

angel eyes // abba
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CECILIA ALWAYS FIGURED THAT SHE WOULD DIE peacefully in her sleep at the ripe old age of eighty or so with her husband of many years by her side who would then die a few years later- alone of course because he loved her so much he just refused to move on. She definitely did not expect to die in the middle of morning assembly by listening to Jenny Joyce and her barber shop quartet sing. At least she was going to die surrounded by her closest friends.

Honestly, it was bad enough that she had to go to school when her vagina decided to turn into fucking Niagara Falls, this type of torture was the last thing she needed. Luckily for her the singing came to an end with a dead silence from the crowd of girls and James.

"Lovely," sister Michael said as nicely as she could. "And I believe you wrote the lyrics yourselves, is that correct?"

"I don't fucking doubt it," Cecilia mumbled as the girls on stage agreed to the head nuns statement.

"Do you ever think you might have to much time on your hand, girls?" Cecilia covered her mouth with her hand to keep from laughing. Sister Michael dismissed the girls and took their place in front of the microphone.

"Okay, just a couple of things," the nun began. "Firstly, I'd like to introduce Mae Cheung. Can you make yourself known please, Mae?" They all turned around to look at the Asian girl who raised her hand. "Miss Cheung's family have recently moved here to Derry, so, I hope you'll all make her feel very welcome. It's bound to be a bit of a culture shock, Mae. Things are do differently in this part of the world, but I'm sure you'll soon feel as at home here as you did back in your beloved Donegal."

Sister Michael's words to the new girl suddenly made less sense and the confusion was very evident on Cecilia's face as she turned back around.

"Announcement from Jenny Joyce and the dance committee," Sister Michael picked up a paper and began reading from it. "The school social event of the year is fast approaching but before you don your glad rags and boogie down-" the nun looked over at the four girls. She shook her head. "Im sorry, I simply cannot read this." She walked back to her seat and handed the sheet back to Jenny.

"But before you don your glad rags and boogie on down, we'd like to let you in on our little secret," Jenny Joyce said enthusiastically, which really was no ones mood on a Monday morning. "We're not actually gonna have a school formal this year."

The room broke into appalled gasps and murmured. Cecilia continued to stare up at the stage with a monotonous expression, she wasn't going to be attending the school formal anyway so why bother getting so worked about it?