Episode 2.1

CHAPTER FOUR
❛ TRUST FUND, BABY ❜

love is all around // wet, wet, wet diane young  // vampire weekend ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

diane young // vampire weekend
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I USED TO LIKE THIS SONG," Cecilia muttered to herself as she listened to Jenny Joyce and her a couple of other girls sing love is all around by wet, wet, wet.

She turned to look at Clare who was standing beside her, who was also staring at Jenny Joyce at her troupe with a mix of confusion and disgust.

"I thought Sister Michael'd banned this one," she whispered to Clare.

The shorter girl shrugged as if to say that she had no clue.

Cecilia's attention was pulled back towards Jenny when the girl gave her the fright of her life by attempting to, and failing, hit the high note at the end of the song.

"Wonderful girls, lovely stuff," Sister Michael lied as she took the stage, much to everyone's relief.

"Before I dismiss you for the weekend, a few announcements," the nun said with great exhaustion in her tone. "On Monday morning, several of our year thirteens will face their GCSE maths resit. Now, I know how daunting resit examinations can be, so, it anyone is feeling anxious or worried or even if you just want to chat, please, please, do not come crying to me."

Cecilia snorted into the back of her hand earning the attention of James Maguire standing three people away from her in the line.

"Notice from Mr. McCauley," Sister Michael continued making the red head perk up. "This year's destination for the Euro Trotters trip will be, dramatic pause – "

After pausing for a few seconds she turned around to look at their teacher.

"Did you actually want me to do the dramatic pause?" Mr McCauley nodded.

"Interesting," sister Michael mumbled and turned to look back at her students. "Paris," she announced and Clare literally leaped up in excitement. "It's going to be Paris.

"If you need any further information there is a stall in the foyer. Sadly," Sister Michael looked up from her sheers of paper. "I am unable to come on this one as I despise the French."

"How?" Cecilia wondered out loud.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"THERE IS SO MUCH I WANT TO DO," Clare said as the six of them walked through the corridors crowded with students just as thrilled about a Parisian holiday as they were. "The Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre." 

"Monet's Water Lilies," Cecilia chimed in with great spirit. "Montmartre. Notre Dame. And not to mention that Paris is the birthplace of western fashion – there is so much I can learn by going there."