Episode 4.1

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
❛ SHINE A LIGHT ❜

mother of pearl       //     roxy music the one and only // chesney hawkes ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the one and only // chesney hawkes
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IF CECILIA'S MA WAS TO BE BELIEVED then the only thing her daughter would actually be good at was forgetting things that were important and hogging up the bathroom for hours on end. And she wouldn't be wrong. Cecilia wanted to always look perfect for everything she did and one couldn't always look perfect without putting in the hours.

Her fiery red hair wasn't as short anymore, in fact it was a horrendous stage between long and short where Cecilia couldn't even tie it up to give herself a quick yet decent hairstyle.

She tossed her eyelash curler back into her little makeup kit before picking up the to shades of lipstick she had on her, a bold red and a subtle pink. Cecilia scoffed to herself, throwing the red one back into her kit as she wondered how for even a second she could consider red to be a suitable colour on her mother's old white dress which she had remodelled to look less simple and more wispy. Cecilia was then quick to apply the pink lipstick on her cushiony lips before tossing it inside the makeup kit too.

"Quicker, love!" Her fathers voice came from the other side of the bathroom door along with a light bang to the door. "We don't have all day!"

"Coming!" Cecilia yelled back, zipping up her makeup kit and slipping into her blue heels before stepping out to the chaos that had become her flat as her mammy stalked around trying to make sure they had everything.

"Cecilia, thank Jesus!" Tiffany let out a sigh of relief, placing both her hands on Cecilia's shoulders which more than confused the young girl. "The flowers for the cake, I gave them to you last night after dinner, where are they? Where did you keep them?"

"In the fridge down in the bakery, I think." She said.

"Okay," Her mother let out a sigh of relief, lightly patting Cecilia's shoulder before removing her hands. "Get them out and then go help your father load the van. I need to go finish getting ready."

Cecilia took a step back, glaring up and down at her mother who was still dressed in her flour covered jeans and shirt but at least her makeup was done. "Clearly."

"What was that?"

"Nothing." The red head smiled sweetly up at her mother, who in turn just rolled her eyes, before walking past Tiffany and rushing down to the bakery.

A chill ran down her spine, as the cold air from the refrigerator blast straight into her exposed face and arms before she pulled out the little plastic box that contained the fresh peonies and roses they were supposed to use to decorate the cake once they had reached the wedding venue.