Episode 5.3

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
❛ WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT
A MIGHTY GOOD MAN ❜

whatta man       //      salt-n-pepa run // taylor swift & ed sheeran ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

whatta man // salt-n-pepa
run // taylor swift & ed sheeran
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THEY FINALLY STOPPED at an American styled diner called 'Peggys' after a few minutes of driving for a snack but most importantly to discuss the peculiar situation that was a fucking human being in their boot.

Cecilia was squished between James, Clare and Jim's second best tent as she read the menu card. She could feel the boys warm breath on her neck as he read the menu over her shoulder.

"It's aiding and abetting." Gerry told his father in law. "We're talking about serious jail time here."

"Well, it's a risk we'll have to take." Joe shrugged.

"No, it's not Joe." Gerry shook his head in frustration. "It's not a risk we have to take. It's a risk we shouldn't take."

"Don't take that tone with me, boy." Joe warned.

"He seems like a nice enough fella." Mary said to her husband, taking her attention off baby Anna for just a second.

"We have to walk away to this." Gerry whispered to his family and his daughters friends so that Emmett couldn't hear him.

"What if we can't?" Erin asked worriedly. "What if we don't help him and he kills us all because we know too much?"

"I like him." Orla spoke up, lifting her head up from Joe's shoulder. "I think he's a character." Cecilia looked up from the menu, her brow arched in confusion as she looked at the brunette.

"Well?" The waitress asked with a sigh.

"Just a tea for me, please love." Gerry told the woman before Mary and Joe could order the same.

"Oh, and some Cokes for the wains, please." Mary motioned towards the teenagers and Cecilia put the menu down. "What do you fancy, Sarah?"

"I wouldn't mind a wee Vodka." Sarah said to which Michelle added, "Make that two."

"We don't sell alcohol." The waitress told them in a, 'duh' tone and Anna let out a little wail from beside her.

"I'll take a tea." Sarah then told the waitress softly.

"Any food?" The woman asked rudely.

"We're just looking." Mary said putting on her spectacles and picking up the menu that lay in front of her.

"Fine." The waitress scoffed before walking away.

"And at 2.25 a burger, looking is all we'll be doing." Gerry mumbled as he peered into Mary's menu.