Chapter 2

Proceeding outside of the forest, you were stopped by a red bunny girl.

"Hey you, stop right there!"

She leaps off the ledge and stood right there before your eyes.

"May the Anemo God protect you, stranger! I am Amber, Outrider of the Knights of Favonius. You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!"

"We're not looking for trouble!"

"That's what all the troublemakers say."

"Cut off the attitude."

"Uh...hello, I'm Lumine. This is Y/n."

"Doesn't sound like local names to me. And this...mascot. What's the deal with it?"

POV: Hehe~ I'll just create a liittle chaos.

"Oh, emergency food."

"Hey! That's even worse than being a mascot!"

"So to sum it up, you're traveling partners, right? Well look, there's been a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. Best you get inside the city as soon as possible. It's not far from here, I'll escort you there."

"Oh? Aren't you out here for some other reason?"

"I am. But not to worry, I can keep you all safe while doing that too. Besides, I'm not sure if I can trust you three just yet!"

"Why so suspicious?"

"And you know, that sounded kinda rude."

"Oh...uh...sorry. Probably not something I should say as a knight...I give my apologies...uh...strange yet...respectable travelers."

"That sounded so fake!"

"Do you have something against the type of language usage prescribed by the Knights of Favonius Handbook?!"

"N-no!"

"*sighs* Anyway...let's move."

You told Amber about what happened to you and Lumine, and she leads you to a "hilichurl" camp. Amber starts attacking the hilichurl camp, so you and Lumine help her. Surprisingly, you remembered you had your pistols with you to defend yourself.

"Uh...what's that?"

"My pistols! Don't you have that in this world too?"

"No, never heard of them."

"Come on you two! Fight one hilichurl each."

*After defeating the hilichurls*

"Heh, nothing to it Though I gotta say, you surprised me a little with your moves there. Thanks for the backup. How did it feel?."

"Barely broke a sweat."

"Well, those hilichurls seem tougher than they look."

"Seriously, Y/n?"

"It's because they're reacting then attacking so fast! I've never dealt with wild monsters before."

"Really?"

"They are kind of wild monsters..."

"But now that you mention it, how is it that the hilichurls ended up here? These creatures don't seem like the type to set up camp so close to cities like this."

After a little talk with Amber about hilichurls, you proceed to the city.

"Let me officially introduce the city of wind, dandelions, and freedom — Travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius — Welcome to Mondstadt!"

"Finally, no more having to camp outdoors! But...the city folk don't look too cheery."

"Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently. But everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!"

"Jean?"

"Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius, Jean, Defender of Mondstadt. With Jean on our side, surely even the vicious Stormterror will be no match for us."

POV: Ooh, sounds like someone pretty impressive.

"Before I take you guys to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters, I have a present for you, Lumine and Y/n. It's a reward for helping me clear out that hilichurl camp."

"Hey! Why doesn't Paimon get a reward?!"

"Uh...because this reward is useless to you, Paimon. But I'll treat you to a traditional Mondstadt delicacy - Sticky Honey Roast!"

"Sticky Honey Roast~!"

"Come with me, we'll head to the city's...uh...high ground."

*At the high ground*

"So the present I want to give you is...a Wind Glider! Outriders use them to ride the wind, and the people of Mondstadt love using them too. I brought you here to give it to you so you can experience it right away!"

"Oh, you're really excited about these wind gliders, huh!"

"Yeah, I noticed too."

"Well that's because the wind is the heart and soul of Mondstadt! Alrighty then, enough talk. Let's give it a whirl! It's easy to use, but you still need to pay attention to my instructions."

"So high...! Where are we even going to land?! And...and the wind is pretty light...are we going to fall from here?"

"Trust me, Y/n. You won't fall."

"Right..."

After learning how to glide, the sky turns dark, and the wind gets a bit strong.

"The sky..."

Stormterror returns and summons giant tornados. Unfortunately, you and Lumine get sucked in. You take out your Wind Gliders, and somehow you're still gliding."

"Huh? How are you two staying afloat like this with just a Wind Glider?"

"I'm preventing your fall with the power of a thousand winds. Now, concentrate. See yourself grasping the wind. Harness its energy."

"Who...who said that?!"

"That doesn't matter right now. Y/n, follow my lead."

"O-okay..."

POV: Wait a minute...why does this seem...familiar? I'm fighting a wind dragon, and dragons don't exist in Earth!