Chapter 14

You went to Mt. Tianheng to go up to the Jade Chamber. You had to do that because you weren't given any instructions on how to go there.

 "Look, up there! That's the Jade Chamber."

"Wow...that's pretty high up."

"Hmm...uh...ah, this is bad, Paimon's supposed to be your guide, but Paimon doesn't know where the way up to the Jade Chamber is..."

"You should've asked that emissary, Ganyu."

"Ugh...well, since we want to go to the Jade Chamber, heading to its location on the map is the sensible thing to do! Let's look around. There has to be a way up there nearby!"

Soon you found a weird mechanism. Lumine activated it and you glided to the Jade Chamber but you failed to. Luckily, the Guizhong Ballista was nearby, so you went down and used its scope to find another way up. But the Millelith had arrived and you had to knock them down to proceed...But then...

"Stop, what's all this about?"

"Lady Keqing, these three strange people suddenly appeared. They seem to have designs on the Guizhong Ballista."

"Who're you calling "strange"?"

"We were just looking for the way to the Jade Chamber..."

"Hmm? You want to go to the Jade Chamber? Who are you? We're invited guests, here to look for the Liyue Qixing! Who are you?"

"...Well, as it happens, I am one of the Liyue Qixing."

"???"

"I'm Keqing, the Yuheng of the Qixing. I know of you two, Lumine and Y/n. You're Ningguang's guests, yes? Didn't expect to meet you here in the mountains."

"Wow... Paimon didn't think we'd meet some super rich big shot out here in the middle of nowhere either."

"The Guizhong Ballista in Tianheng Pass has long been in disrepair, and yet it was fixed in a single night. I came here to investigate that occurence. These Millelith are just here to guard the scene, not to arrest anyone."

"So, this was all a misunderstanding? Paimon never would've thought..."

"Thinking isn't that hard, Paimon."

"Anyway, for a mortal to be able to repair an adepti mechanism is quite the mystery, even to the Qixing."

"Hehe, that was..."

"Shh, Paimon, don't complicate the matter."

"Eh? Oh, right. So, Lady Yuheng, might you have any idea why Lady Tianquan invited us to go to the Jade Chamber?"

"Just call me Keqing. I'd say that Ningguang's purpose is to request that the savior of Mondstadt take a more neutral stance...Or at least, to not wholly side with the adepti."

"We're not taking sides. We spoke with the adepti. They want to protect Liyue as well..."

"When you say "protect," you're referring to their sanctimonious arrogance, aren't you?"

"Huh?"

"You are mortals, and thus under their protection. There was no way they would have regarded you as someone with the ability to assassinate a god. Naturally, they would also regard Ningguang's locking down the area, questioning the citizenry, and pursuit of the assassin to be pointless work. Perhaps they even wonder if there might be a cover-up. I'll say it like it is: they're underestimating us."

"Well, you've got a point there...still, this is the first time Paimon's seen a person from Liyue who doesn't respect the gods or the adepti."

"Hah. Should I respect the shallow sense of time and condescension to mortals that has caused them to delay in moving against us Qixing? Forget it. I shouldn't speak of them this way. This skepticism is mine alone, and Ningguang does not share it. Either way, I will admit that the actions of the adepti this time were quite restrained. Rex Lapis' death is indeed an extraordinary circumstance. But to think that they would call for a council of adepti rather than come down here directly...how surprisingly civilized of them."