Chapter 23

"So Sangonomiya is the name of the place where Sangonomiya Kokomi lives...huh. Let's go check it out."

At the shrine, you discussed the plan with Kokomi and trained with your assigned section. Later on, you had to run a few errands. When you came back to report it, there was a problem...

"Kokomi, we're back- Oh, look, Gorou's here too."

"What happened? They look so serious..."

"Approximately how many people are exhibiting these symptoms?"

"I haven't had the chance to do a full count yet..."

"Kokomi, Gorou...what's going on?"

"Y/n, Lumine. Recently, some of our soldiers started showing symptoms of accelerated aging. I called them in for questioning and found out that they'd privately acquired some secret weapons from our sponsor. Most of them are highly ambitious types, vehemently opposed to the Vision Hunt Decree. They've been using these new weapons secretly since getting hold of them."

"So that's why the war has been going unusually well...but risky secret weapons are not the answer. We must put a stop to it immediately. Gorou, have you managed to acquire one of these weapons?"

"Most of the officers refused to hand them over. Still, I did manage to get one..."

"Oh dear..."

"Lumine, do you know something about this?"

"It's a Fatui Delusion."

"So that means our secret sponsor is the Fatui?"

"Well, it seems to be so."

"But why would the Fatui do this...forget that, there's no time. Right now, we need to inform the whole army to cease using their Delusions immediately. All soldiers who have shown symptoms are to be taken for treatment. I just hope we'll be in time to save them."

"Wait a second...Lumine, Y/n, Bronya, Fu Hua, speaking of soldiers with symptoms..."

"Subject Teppei..."

"No, s-surely he can't have..."

"Come on, let's go check on him!"

"Gorou, let's go to the resistance camp ourselves. The use of Delusions has to stop right away."

"Yes, Your Excellency!"

You all went off to find Teppei. You found him in a...very bad state.

"Teppei!"

"Oh...*cough* Hey, guys. What're you doing here? Just a moment, lemme get up...oof, it's weird, I don't know where all my strength's gone..."

"Teppei, you have to tell us. What is going on?"

"Hmm? Oh right, yeah, I haven't had time to give you the full details. Well, I've made a lot of great contributions to the war effort lately. Fighting the Shogun's Army at sea, taking on Shogunate Samurai all by myself, rescuing my comrades fr-from an ambush...things I never would have dreamed I could do when you first met me. *cough* If only I were stronger still. The stronger I am, the more I can do for the resistance...wait a sec, where's my secret weapon gone?"

"Tell us about this weapon. When did you start using it?"

"*cough* It wasn't long after you were made captain of Swordfish II. I met these mysterious people, said they were with our supporters. They gave it to me and said that as long as I have the will to become stronger, this secret weapon will answer my call. Haha...*cough* It's just like a Vision, isn't it? Of course, I've never used a Vision, so I wouldn't know the difference..."