Chapter 19

You've met many people along the way. Xiangling, Razor, Xingqiu, Noelle, Diona...

And Dainsleif.

And you spent some time with Kaeya, Amber, Barbara, Ningguang and Yun Jin, and got to know them alot more.

Who knew that Aether, Lumine's brother, is the leader of the Abyss Order, and Mei has sided with them.

Since you were feeling down...

Today is the day before you go start your journey in Inazuma. You were supposed to be following Lumine, Paimon and Fu Hua to Liyue, but you and Bronya decided to stay in Mondstadt and meet some new friends.

You and Bronya went to the Adventurers' Guild area, and there happened to be someone else there.

"Ah, it's you! Didn't think I'd be running into you here...hehe, I guess it's my lucky day...how're your adventures going lately? Did you come here to get a new commission from Katheryne, or to get paid? And where're you going after this? Bet you've got a really exciting adventure lined up, huh?"

"You are...?"

"The name's Bennett. I'm your run-of-the-mill adventurer from Mondstadt!"

"Nice to meet you Bennett!"

"Ah...I'm talking too much, aren't I...I'm sorry...I was just so excited to run into someone I admire so much...and, uh...maybe a little starstruck, too...haha..."

"You...admire me?"

"Of course! You're one the mysterious Travelers, one of the heroes who quelled the Stormterror crisis, and the leader of your own adventure team to boot! Like...like her! She's one of the members of your adventure team, right? If I'm being honest...I'm totally jealous of all your achievements..."

"Y/n's Adventure Team..."

"Yeah, word's been spreading in adventurer circles for a long time now. Your adventure team shows up all over the continent...it might look like you're just handling a bunch of boring commissions, but then, as soon as something big goes down, you're always there!"

"That's just coincidence..."

"Anyway, I just really envy you. You're sort of like...the protagonist of this world, or something. Hahaha...me, on the other hand, I'm just some unlucky guy. My adventure team even...ah, never mind, I shouldn't get all down in the dumps in front of someone I admire. I should be open to see what I can learn! Speaking of which...I have a favor to ask...um...when you go adventuring later, can I come and watch?"

"...You just want to stand there and watch?"

"Ehehe...maybe you don't know. I'm a really unlucky person to have around...if you brought me along on an adventure, my bad luck would probably just screw everything up! I don't want to get you into any trouble, so just let me watch from the sidelines...that'd be good enough for me..."

"Sure, let's go on an adventure!"

"Really? I didn't mishear you, did I? You mean...go adventure with you, just like we'd do if I was on your adventure team? Wow! I never thought I'd get an opportunity like this!"

"Come on, I'm not as great as you make out..."

"Don't be so modest! I've heard about all the great things you've done, not to mention the high praise you get from the Adventurers' Guild..."

"Well, I've always wanted to go adventuring with you, too."

"Aw, shucks...hearing you say that has got me all flustered, hehe...but I'm happy to hear it!...by the way, since we've got this rare chance to work together, let me share some recent intel with you! According to my friend Fischl in the guild, a mysterious and dangerous ruin has recently been discovered...based on how the Guild ranks the difficulty of its commissions, it's probably ranked between a Rank B and a Rank A. Normally, I wouldn't feel confident about taking on this level of commission...after all, with my poor luck, it's safer for me to take on commissions that are a few notches lower than my actual ability, haha. But since you'll be joining me this time, it'll be a piece of cake, right?"