Chapter 24

After completing the Anti-Raiden Shogun training, you returned to the Grand Narukami Shrine with Miko. She has a certain guest expected to come.

"Okay, we can talk here. You asked me about the plan. In fact, I've been mulling it over for quite a long time. Before one makes a plan, what is the most important thing one must do?"

"Don't know, what is it?"

"You must understand the situation you are facing. The Vision Hunt Decree was obviously devised as a means of manipulating the Shogun, the ones behind it knowing full well her susceptibility as a puppet with a single-minded focus on eternity."

"The Balladeer confirmed this - the Fatui did it to create the demand for Delusions."

"Yes. This is the strongest piece of evidence we have to go on. Now, we also know that every aspect of the Vision Hunt Decree's promulgation and execution has been enthusiastically spearheaded by the Tenryou Commission from the outset."

"Ayaka was saying that every time they submitted a petition against the Vision Hunt Decree, the Tenryou and Kanjou Commissions  would veto it straight away with no negotiation."

"The Tenryou Commission is working for the Fatui."

"And the Kanjou Commission betrayed the Shogunate long ago."

"Yes. It's all too clear that both the Tenryou and Kanjou Commissions are in some form of collusion with the Fatui. Hmph, foolish humans, blinded by their greed. Thus, the current situation is that our Fatui antagonist is still at large, has the two rogue Commissions wrapped around their finger, and is distributing Delusions from the shadows...unfortunately, given that said antagonist is under the protection of two Commissions and the Raiden Shogun, we would be rather hard-pressed to track them down."

"So what should we do?"

"It will be easier for us to start with someone from Inazuma. So my plan is...to incite rebellion in the Tenryou Commission."

"Rebellion? What are you talking about? After everything you just said, it sounds like the Tenryou Commission has rebelled already!"

"Hehe. When I say rebellion, I don't mean betraying the Shogunate... I mean, inciting a certain someone to betray the Tenryou Commission. If we manage to convince her, I'm quite sure we'll be able to get you another audience with the Raiden Shogun."

"Who is this "certain someone"?"

"I'll give you a clue: She's currently in charge of the Shogun's Army, she visits the shrine at this time every month, and she is our guest today. She also appears to be standing right behind you."

"Don't move a muscle! You've got some nerve showing up here in the shrine when there's an active warrant for your arrest! Don't even think about trying anything. Surrender now, you're coming with me to headquarters. Seize them!"

"Affirmative!"

"K-Kujou Sara!"

"Uh-uh-uh, it seems that you're forgetting, this is the Grand Narukami Shrine...use of force here is strictly forbidden. Before you proceed, which of you would like to face criminal charges for dishonoring the Shogun, hmm?"

"...Ugh. Guuji Yae... please tell me you are not sheltering a wanted criminal here?"

"We are just friends, I don't see what sheltering has to do with it. Tell your subordinates to leave, we have things to discuss."

"All of you, outside."

"As you wish."

"Guuji Yae, I'm a little curious. Does it not also dishonor the Shogun to hide a wanted criminal at her grand shrine?"