Chapter 9

After meeting up with the others and defeating the Abyss Mage, you head over to Stormterror's Lair.

"It's a storm barrier! It looks so dangerous..."

"Let me at it. Although this wooden lyre is all I have...I don't need the lyre to break through this kind of storm barri- Ah, wait, what is that?"

"Enemy attack! Prepare yourselves!"

"The stage will need to be cleared before I can begin my performance. Generally speaking such chores are not the concerns of the performer himself..."

"Wait. What's going on? Something's not right. There shouldn't be any hilichurl camps in the vicinity of Stormterror's Lair..."

"Come on, let's defeat them!"

"Ah...The hilichurls usually do not venture into areas with high elemental concentrations. It puts a heavy burden on their bodies.

"The Abyss Order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, yet they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come. They're presumably spreading their forces to halt our plans."

"Without further ado...I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind.

"It actually opened! You're not entirely useless, Tone-Deaf Bard!"

"This is it. We are now entering Stormterror's Lair. Watch yourselves. Let's move."

"Jean's right. Be cautious, everyone."

You enter the ruins, and stop at the entrance.

POV: Why does this place seem awfully familiar?

"It's stuck."

"It's stuck."

"Hey, check out that roof. Is there a giant hole in it?"

"Hmm... I suppose we could make use of that wind current."

"Let's make a detour then. Heading up!"

You and Lumine secretly laugh. 

"Heyy, what's so funny, you two?"

"Venti...he's copying you! I know we're on a mission, but it's actually funny!"

"You Tone-Deaf Bard!

"Ehe"

"Hmm...Do you think there will be Abyss Mages hiding in the ruins? Either way, if we do run into one, we will let the victorious Master Diluc do the-"

"Do not underestimate them just because I have beaten one of them before. I'm not boasting. I'm simply saying there is more to the Abyss Order than a few mages."

"Correct. That's why I tagged along, after all. Well, that — and also for your safety. Ah, why am I so diligent? Too diligent for a poet, in fact!"

"So says the person that made zero effort to search for the dragon tears and drank in the tavern all day! Paimon doesn't get it, what part of you is remotely diligent?"

*Later*

"Looks like we're right."

"There are three more halos circling the tower..."

"Which means, there are three more corresponding light actuators to activate. I can see one from here. The rest must be scattered within the ruins around here. Let's go find them."

"...Why did Dvalin pick a place filled with puzzles and seals as his lair? Doesn't he get annoyed coming back home?"

"He doesn't walk in, he flies in."