Chapter 7

*In the Cathedral basement*

"Don't worry, I-"

"Shh, be quiet. You don't want us to get caught, do you, Y/n?"

"Sorry. But I've done break-ins before."

"Well good. I hope you're sneaky."

Once you reached the Holy Lyre, a mysterious girl appears and took it before you.

"Who are you?!"

Soon after, she disappears.

"She... disappeared?!"

"Freeze! What are you doing here?!"

"Oh no, run!"

*Outside the Cathedral*

"We're busted, run!"

"What?! Follow me!"

*Later*

"Master Diluc, this is this week's accounts."

"Hmm... The disaster has greatly affected business." 

"Well, let's hope it all ends soon."

"Hi, we'd like a seat at your, uhh... least conspicuous table."

Umm... The second floor has fewer customers. You'd be less conspicuous up there...but aren't you a bard? Why not sit front and center?"

"Hahaha, let's save the paid performance for next time. We'll be heading up now, see you in a bit!"

"Hey, keep an eye on them. There's something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around."

"Ask who exactly?"

"The "protectors" of Mondstadt..."

*Upstairs*

While overhearing the conversation with the weird red head man, you realized something...

Doesn't he seem...familiar? He looks exactly like the one you saw while clearing out the temple with Kaeya.

This time, you really need to speak up. But you can't even make a noise. As soon as the Knights have left, you went back down.

"Today I think I'll have a glass of-"

"You can put down that bottle you stole from behind the counter."

"Something cold."

"Right. I want answers."

"Lemme finish my drink first? I'll pay you — well, with a performance."

"It's not about money. You seem too young to be drinking."

"No need to worry. When I started drinking, you were still—"

"This reminds me when...uh...I can't remember her name...had got drunk!"

"Ahem, How about answering my question first?" 

"Oh, you wanna ask "Who's this?" Am I right? He is Master Diluc, the boss of...uh...the owner of this tavern. He's very famous. By the way, his dandelion wine is one of my favorites. Though most of the time I can only afford a bottle or two..."

"He's uh...kinda right though. You're quite underaged for drinking. I hope you don't get drunk like "her"."

"I just heard about some thieves from the guards. For the record, I like your guts for trying to steal the Holy Lyre der Himmel. Even if you are fools...but we don't often get to see people like you."

"It wasn't us that stole it! The real thief is still out there!"

"These are the hotshots of the Knights of Favonius. Why would someone so aspiring steal Mondstadt's sacred treasure?"