Chapter 30

(It's a Hangout Event, but I'll only use one ending)

It was a normal day. You were going to visit Itto and Shinobu with Fu Hua. Unfortunately, you heard that Itto was sent to jail again and Shinobu was at the Police Station.

"I do apologize. As I've explained before, it's a constant battle for Mr. Arataki with his mental instabilities. I know it's caused no end of problems for you, and I can assure you that he regularly feels very remorseful about that, too...Exactly, yes, and that's why he has such a big heart for other people struggling with similar issues. Uh, the Arataki Support Group was actually founded precisely to try and bring something positive out of that...Yes, all of them are good, honest people underneath. It's just a shame that they still haven't found a cure, after all this time...Oh but- no no no, not me. I'm not a sufferer."

"What are you doing?"

"Hm? Ah, Y/n, Hua,  just the people I need. Mr. Uesugi, my friend here can confirm everything I've told you about Mr. Arataki. To put it simply, he experiences strong emotion more acutely than most, and easily becomes highly excitable."

"I guess that's true..."

"And, deep down inside, all the members of the Arataki Support Group are some of the most down-to-earth, kindhearted people you could ever meet."

"Yeah, I guess so..."

POV: Wait, but that seems besides the point. It's not the full story either...

"Huh, even Y/n is here to vouch for the Arataki Gang. So you're saying we've had them wrong all this time?"

"..."

"I...well..."

"Otherwise, why would Shinobu have stayed in the gang?"

"You make a good point. You know, I heard Yoriki Owada saying how the Arataki Gang's deputy has studied abroad and is well-versed in the law...I was wondering why someone with that much talent would choose to stay with the Arataki Gang...here's the thing, though: We have solid evidence that those three were illegally posting flyers everywhere, and we've received a lot of complaints from members of the local community. I appreciate what you're saying and everything, I'm just not sure I can let them off so easily..."

"Please accept my sincere apologies once again for all of that. Mamoru and the others probably believed that they would be able to reach more people in need this way. Unfortunately, they were so eager to help that they ended up causing more problems than they solved. The Arataki Support Group assumes full responsibility. We will work quickly to restore the clean and tidy living environment that the community quite rightly expects. But with only myself available, I'm afraid that it could take a very long time to remove all the flyers. Having their help would've made things much quicker...I'm just a little concerned that if progress is too slow, the complaints will only keep coming, which ultimately only makes more work for you and your colleagues."

"I...ugh, alright, fine. I'll go fetch them...but don't think I'm gonna make a habit of this!"

"Finally, we're saved..."

"Hey, hey! I knew Shinobu wouldn't abandon us!"

"What uuuup! The Arataki Gang is back in town!"

"Ahem! Sorry, they're getting a little over-excited at the prospect of being able to serve the community."

"Alright, guys...make sure you get every last one of those flyers back, okay? And don't forget to apologize to the residents and ask for forgiveness!"

"I assure you, there won't be any problems...will there, guys?"