Chapter 4

Lumine is taking a gliding test with Amber (because you found out you need a gliding license), so you're stuck alone. You went into the Knights of Favonius headquarters and see Kaeya mumbling about a few things...

"This is bad...such a hassle...what am I going to do..."

"Hey, what's wrong Kaeya?"

"Oh, thank the Thousand Winds! Y/n, your arrival must be the grace of the gods! If I may ask — envoy sent by the Anemo God to save this mere mortal — could you spare a moment?"

"Uh...can't say I don't have time, so..."

"Marvelous.  I cannot let my peers hear about this! I cannot seek help from anyone else but you. Please, let us move to somewhere more fit for such conversations...Let's talk in the courtyard just outside the headquarters. Come with me."

"Hm. What's with the sneakiness?"

*At the courtyard*

"This place will do."

"Tell me what it's about already!"

"How should I begin... Oh, right, let me tell you a secret first. It's a secret of my past, and I confide in you to keep it. As a matter of fact, my grandfather was a pirate! Wait, why do you sound so blithe? Do you think I'm making it up? Look at my eye patch! I inherited it from my grandfather and this is solid proof that we are related by blood!"

"Wow, I never knew you could inherit eyepatches."

"My, Y/n, how could you not know such common knowledge? This is no different from children inheriting their hairstyle from their parents!"

"Uh...right..."

"Yesterday I was glancing through the notes my grandfather left and stumbled upon records that spoke of a treasure..."

"Treasure?!"

"According to his notes, the treasure is buried in the "Lost Arcadian Ruins."

POV: "Oh...treasure...Wait, why am I doing this?! I need to find Mei! But...I really want to help Kaeya and find the treasure! *sighs* Mei will have to wait..."

"But the location of the ruins is currently unknown. I've tried searching for clues..."

"Kaeya, what kind of treasure is it? Gold? Or better yet, gems?! Those are so hard to get..."

"Hmph, treasures that consist of nothing but gold and gems are third-rate treasures..."

"Wh- they're really rare in my world!"

"Hold on, hold on. My grandfather's treasure is a sword! A magic sword that grants the wielder unrivaled power! The sword was dropped from Celestia into the sea by a god. It was later salvaged by my grandfather's crew by pure coincidence. The moment he gripped the sword, thunder roared, billows hollowed, and the clear skies were suddenly swallowed by raging winds...With the might of the magic sword, my grandfather went on to defeat a hydra, a silver-haired banshee, a wicked abyss dragon...But the immense power of the sword enticed many more greedy pirates. To avoid meaningless conflicts, my grandfather hid the magic sword."

"Eight-headed hydras, silver-haired banshees... Do they really exist?"

"The world we live in is fascinating, full of unknown and inexplicable wonders."

"Your world is waay better than mine! All of these stuff about magic and special creatures are just stories back in my world!"

"A gang of Treasure Hoarders has been very active lately and many ruins have had their relics stolen by them. I'm afraid that they will soon discover the Arcadian Ruins and the magic sword will be lost..."