Chapter 3

After fending off Stormterror, you glide down with Lumine back to the city.

"A-are you two hurt?"

"No, we're okay, Amber."

You heard footsteps and clapping behind you. Someone else came.

"You actually have the power to go up against the dragon...Are you new allies...or a new storm?"

"Stormterror...is attacking Mondstadt itself! Kaeya, Lumine, Y/n, you've come at the right time. We must-"

"Hold on, Amber. Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us?"

"Oh, right. This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain. These three are travelers from afar, Lumine, Y/n and Paimon."

Kaeya said something else, but you can't really hear.

"...Long story short..."

Amber explains what happened a while ago.

"...I see. Welcome to Mondstadt — though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid. I understand the anguish of being separated from family and friends. I'm not really sure why you're looking for the Anemo God...But everyone has their secrets, right?"

"Hey! Don't try to pry into our secrets!"

"Haha, relax! I won't press you for more. First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now."

"You're welcome! So...uh...where's the reward?"

"Uh...how about a traditional Mondstadt delicacy, Sticky Honey Roast?"

"I just heard about that one from Amber a while ago!"

"A-anyway, Kaeya, we couldn't just leave the situation to fester."

"Your fight to defend the city against the dragon just now was witnessed by no small number of citizens. The Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius is also very interested in meeting you, and formally invites you both to our headquarters."

"Okay, lead the way."

Moments after entering the headquarters, you can hear faint voices at the door.

"...Once we meet, we must-"

"Relax, I'll lend a hand when the time comes."

Kaeya slowly opens the door. Inside the room were two tall females.

"Jean, I brought them."

*Later*

Your POV

"And once it was over, I brought them straight here."

"Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travelers. I am Jean, Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius. This is Lisa, our resident Librarian."

"Oh? Are you sweeties here to help us out? You three are so adorable!"

Wow, kinda flirty here. Mei would've questioned if she takes her work seriously if she were here!

I hope our task won't be too difficult...

POV End

"Sadly, the timing is regrettable... Stormterror has caused quite a ruckus in the region since its recent resurgence. Simply put, Mondstadt's elemental sphere and ley lines are now akin to a yarn ball in the paws of a kitten. For a mage, it couldn't get much worse. My skin is one elemental particle away from a full-blown breakout."

"If it weren't for this interference, the Knights of Favonius would have better ways to help you than just putting up missing person posters. We simply ask that you repose in Mondstadt while we help you seek out your brother and friend, Y/n and Lumine."

"But...I really should help out as well."

"Paimon will help too!"

"Okay, I'll leave it all up to you then. Where's the inn?"

"Hey! Y/n, don't be such a slug! You should be a part of this too!"

"Good. In that case, we need a plan."

You discuss the plan: you need to investigate three of the Four Winds' Temples.

"Knights of Favonius, time is against us. The storm is rampant. There is no point in maintaining a defensive position. Alright. We need to take initiative and act before the situation escalates."

Lumine and Paimon decided to help Amber and Lisa, so you're helping Kaeya. You went to the Temple of the Wolf and met up with Kaeya.

"You've arrived. Come closer, can you smell that?"

"I can't smell anything."

"Something must have happened in the temple. I imagine there will be slimes, hilichurls, and...whatever is giving Stormterror extra power. Oh yes, it's going to be lively in there indeed."

"No doubt nothing more than a disorderly mob of creatures. I'm ready!"

"Oh-ho-ho, you're quite the brave one, aren't you? It's a pity that the Temple of the Wolf has been disturbed by such an atrocity. Let's head in, Y/n. No one makes offerings to The Four Winds anymore, yet the old winds never vanish...We need to clear out the temples...for The Four Winds."

You enter the temple and start the investigation. "Let me show you how the Knights of Favonius conquer our adversaries."

"Okay, cool."

"Hmm. If I'm not mistaken, the end of the temple should be up there."

"How do you know?"

"Heh, experience. The kind of experience you get after years of dealing with things like this for others."

*Later*

"Y/n, if I may ask, what sort of weapon is that?"

"Pistols. Why, don't you have those too?"

"Oh, interesting. We don't have your so-called "pistols"."

"They're...guns?"

Kaeya's POV: Guns? That sounds like the gadget the Fatui use...But Y/n's guns are different.

"...I see. Speaking of...did you know? Stormterror was once one of the Four Winds. I'm not aware of the exact details. If you're interested, you can ask the Acting Grand Master about it."

*After finding the stone that holds power*

"Bravo! What a performance! You are, to my surprise, a well-trained knight. The battles you just fought were sights to behold."

"Uh...not worth complimenting...really."

"Haha, I see you already have the knightly virtue of modesty. Stories of your heroic deeds to save Mondstadt from destruction shall be known throughout the City of Freedom, well into the future. Please do visit me at our headquarters when you have the time. I also know a lovely tavern, if that's more your thing."

"Sure. But I don't do alcohol."

"Quite rewarding, no?"

"We have seized another temple from Stormterror's grasp!"

"I can take care of the rest here. You go take care of other things while I'm at it."

"See you later then! Bye Kaeya!"

You walked off to head out, but while walking ahead, you hear a faint voice.

"...Gohus, Chiso Vonph..."

What was that language?! You head back and secretly look at what's going on. But before you got to look, some man quickly rushed by. He defeated the weird...thing...with ease!

"Knights of Favonius...always so inefficient."

"Agree to disagree. But, your involvement in this just made things a whole lot more interesting."

POV: Wow, who was that red-head? He's probably not a Knight of Favonius, considering what he said...

Anyway, time for a break! You'll just check with the Knights later. For now, explore the world with Lumine and Paimon!