Chapter 12

You went back to Liyue Harbor to find Childe and met Zhongli, the consultant of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. There was a long conversation wherein you had to prepare for the Rite of Parting.

*Outside*

"After having experienced the land of the absentee archon, travelers, how does it feel to know that our archon and adepti are here all around you in Liyue?"

"I prefer the atmosphere in Mondstadt."

"I see, so you're that sort of person. It's not a bad thing. But I suppose you have yet to experience the substance of Liyue's three thousand and seven hundred years of divinity. How about you, Lumine?"

"Liyue is the better place."

"Indeed. The weight of three thousand and seven hundred years' worth of history runs deepest in the true divinity of Liyue."

"Organizing the Rite of Parting should prove to be an enlightening part of your travels. Liyue is the most prosperous of the seven nations, defended by deities and ruled by the Qixing. As such, the diplomatic maneuverings of the Fatui have gained no purchase here. Ningguang of the Qixing has always been on her guard against the Fatui. That is in all likelihood why Childe wants to make use of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's connections."

"Huh...what would Childe get out of us doing the Rite of Parting anyway?"

"I neither know nor do I wish to know. As far as I am concerned, the Fatui are merely financial sponsors. I only wish for Liyue's traditions to endure. These are the advance funds that Childe has provided. If you use them up, you can go to him to apply for any subsequent funding."

"Wow..."

"Well then, let us be off. The first step in our preparations shall be to obtain some prize Noctilucous Jade worthy of a deity."

First, you bought extremely shiny Noctilucous Jade. Second, you made a fragrant perfume with Rex Lapis' approval. Third, you obtained the Cleansing Bell from Madame Ping, a fellow adeptus in Liyue Harbor. Then you get kites and workers to help with the ceremony. Lastly, you obtained Everlasting Incense, along with having to find a "cocogoat milk" for a little zombie named Qiqi.

*Later*

"Ah, you're here. There's no need to order, I've already done so. "Third-Round Knockout" is not for lightweights, like those taverns in Mondstadt. Here, the owner does not take such unorthodox orders as fruit juice."

"So, does this mean I can order wine this time?"

"I ordered some wine-fermented sweet rice balls for you two, if that counts."

"I guess I should have expected this..."

"...If it's to your liking, dear customers, I shall continue the tale of Lady Ningguang's Jade Chamber."

"Hey, there's even a storyteller here! Great atmosphere!"

"Besides the fine wine, the excellent ambiance is the reason why this place is so well loved. But, when I say ambiance, I refer to a different sort from the one the Teyvat Travel Guide uses to judge other establishments."

"As you all know, high above the land of Liyue lies a pavilion in the clouds, a palace in the mist...What does it mean to have all-seeing eyes? This, my friends: Lady Ningguang's masterwork that bridges earth and sky. Imagine. The weather is clear, and you gaze down from the deck on the world below...Behold! The glorious sights of Liyue Harbor, stretching out far and wide!"

*Later*

"These are but scraps of paper, and yet they guide Lady Ningguang's hand — such is their value. Merely grasping one or two of them will surely gift you a fragment of her wisdom — enough to stay a step or two ahead of your peers."

"Tianquan Ningguang...feels like we're hearing this name a lot. Liyue locals talk about her, the hate her, she's most likely the one who hid the Exuvia, and we saw her at the Rite of Descension...Paimon wonders what sort of person she is."

"At last, I have found you, you who returned from Jueyun Karst."

"Who's there?!"

"We gotta go, you two!"

"Wait, I am not with the Millelith, nor am I here to claim your bounty! However, I am an emissary of the Liyue Qixing. My name is Ganyu, secretary at the Yuehai Pavilion, and I have come specifically to meet you."

"Emissary?"

"Well, in concrete terms, I am the corporate secretary for the Qixing. At the moment, I am serving as Lady Ningguang's special emissary."

"Ningguang sent you? We were literally just talking about her..."

"My apologies, you who have returned from Jueyun Karst... I am duty-bound, and cannot extend my courtesy to you in full. But I have with me a letter from lady Ningguang. She extends a formal invitation to you in her capacity as Tianquan. She invites you to her palace in the sky."

"An official invitation?"

"Lady Ningguang said this: "Invite them to come here. I wish to meet them. At the Jade Chamber, together, we shall snip every one of these entwining dark threads.""

"And with that, the emissary who called herself Ganyu just disappeared. But we've received an invitation from the Liyue Qixing. Paimon still can't believe it! Lumine, Y/n! We'll be meeting people that have any more money than Paimon could ever count! We should be on our very best manners!"

"I always mind my manners."

"Paimon is up to something again..."

"Ha...an invitation to visit the Jade Chamber is a rare honor, indeed. You'd best be on your way now. But don't forget about the Rite of Parting. Once you've finished at the Jade Chamber, meet me at Dihua Marsh."

"Don't worry, we won't forget! Dihua Marsh. We'll see you there!"