Chapter 18

You received a commission in Liyue to go find traces of Treasure Hoarders. In a ruins. With your friends, Bronya and Fu Hua with you, you'll get this commission done in no time.

As soon as you went in deeper to the ruins...

You found a Treasure Hoarder in a weird position. 

"Th-this looks like a person!"

"Could it be the Grand Thief?"

"Why is he in that position? Is he praying to something?"

Soon you heard an explosion. There was a Statue of the Seven...but...

"?! That's..."

"A...Statue of the Seven?"

"Wh-why is this Statue of The Seven...hanging upside-down...? And the Statue's hands...Paimon remembers they are normally holding an orb, right? But, this statue is holding...what is that?"

"Bronya...has a bad feeling about this..."

"And the Grand Thief hasn't moved an inch. Do you think he's..."

The Grand Thief was found dead. Soon the place started shaking, and then when you went off, you were stopped by a strange creature...

"You cannot spy on the secrets of the Abyss. You have come here, you have seen our secrets. For this, you must pay the price. As a Herald, I will mete out your punishment."

"An Abyss Herald?!"

"The one Dain spoke of..."

"Dain...Dainsleif? Oh, I thought you were just a couple of pests that stumbled in here by mistake... So, you are with Dainsleif, that constant annoyance in our affairs...did he send you here to die? His resistance against the Abyss has gone nowhere for a long time. There is nothing you can do to change the tide...the Abyss...is unstoppable!"

*After a hard battle with the Abyss Herald...*

"This girl's power...it seems familiar...Hmph...! I see...so, it's you...you are the one! In that case, I shall stay here no longer..."

The Abyss Herald stared at Lumine for a split second and left.

"Whew... what a tough battle. Are you okay, Lumine? Y/n?"

"Yep, were okay! And don't forget Bronya and Fu Hua!"

"Right...them."

"Such a strong enemy. Who knew the Abyss Order had monsters this powerful among them?"

Lumine POV: It seemed to...know me.

"What are you thinking about, Subject Lumine?"

"Nothing, Bronya. Let's just get out of here."

"Oh, right, yeah...we're near the exit now. Let's get outta this scary place before something even more dangerous shows up!"

You exited the ruins only to run into...Dainsleif. 

"So we meet again, a little sooner than I had expected." 

"Hey, it's Dain!" 

"Judging by your expression, it seems you just experienced something quite strange. Could it be that you encountered an Abyss Herald in those ruins?" 

"Huh?! How did you know that?"

"I've been on the Abyss Herald's trail. I didn't expect to find you here as well."

"Actually, the Abyss Herald wasn't all we encountered...there was something even stranger than the Abyss Herald in the ruins."

*Later on*