Chapter 29

It was the day...err...time...that everyone has rested. Everyone had some talk with Xiao. He was at the Chasm looking for another yaksha, Bosacius.

There was a bit of a heating argument, so Itto stepped in and broke down the stone wall. Unfortunately, it caused him to pass out. There was another domain everyone found, but Shinobu stayed behind with Itto since he can't fight if there's danger.

Yelan, Xiao, Hua and Bronya already went in first, so you, Lumine, Paimon and Yanfei went in all together.

*In the domain*

"What's this?"

"What a weird and wonderful scene..."

"Spacetime has become totally chaotic..."

"Look at that huge disc in the distance...hold on, is that the Fantastic Compass?"

"It's even bigger than a cooking pot..."

"No way, it's even bigger than all our heads combined..."

"What? That's the best description you can come up with? It's way, way bigger than that!"

"Huh, well, it seems our theory checked out. In my humble legal opinion, that's almost certainly the magical device I've been looking for. It really showed up...but, if this really is the Fantastic Compass...it's so huge! How the heck am I gonna lug that back to my office!...Ahem, I mean, come on Yanfei, don't give up now. Let's investigate the area first, Lumine and Y/n."

"What the...! Are they...are they Treasure Hoarders?"

"What are Treasure Hoarders doing here?"

"They look familiar...oh, yeah, I bumped into these rapscallions a few days ago."

*After Yanfei defeated them*

"Phew, easy peasy. Just like last time. You know, when I ran into them before, I was working on a big commercial case. The defendant hired them to attack me, just to get back at me."

"Being a legal adviser sounds tough..."

"Eh, happens all the time. Luckily, I'm well trained in martial arts, so taking them down was a piece of cake. But these are the exact same guys as I met last time...is this space recreating scenes from my memory? Maybe this is one of the ways our adversary intends to devour us... unbelievable."

After solving a puzzle, you found Yelan, Hua and Bronya.

"I thought we might run into some other people here, but apparently not..."

"Yanfei, what's that sound?"

"The Fatui? Whose memory is this?"

"Aahh! Watch out!"

"Hmph, just as I thought."

"Yelan, you're here!"

"Bronya and Hua too!"

"I will take you down no matter how many times you show up."

"Hey, relax, we're all together now."

*After the fight*

"Amateurs. And still they dare to come after me."

"Be careful now, Yelan."

"That voice just now..."

"Remember how I said I'd seen some illusions myself? Those were the same words I heard last time. The space seems to be reproducing that memory...now that you know, at least we're all on the same page."