Chapter 20

You went off to find Atsuko for directions to Inazuma. Thanks to Bronya, you found her in no time.

"Hello...oh! I-I mean, good fortune...right? *sigh* I'm still learning to talk like a local, haha...is there anything I can help you with?"

"We wanted ask...how do we get into Inazuma?"

"Ohh, so that's why you're here...well, there is a way..."

"Great! We came to the right person!"

"But the chance of success is...incredibly small."

"Huh? Incredibly small? Then how did you get out of Inazuma in the first place?"

"It was in leaving Inazuma that I found out just how dangerous this method truly was...all I had to rely on was a little wooden raft that I'd put together myself. There was a storm raging ahead of me, and my pursuers were close on my tail. After I'd escaped their clutches, I floated on the ocean for... I don't know how many days. My rations and fresh water supply soon ran out, and I remember getting to the point where I was sure I'd reached the end. Then, I blacked out. But, to my surprise, my journey didn't end there...or to put it in another way, a new beginning found me."

"Did someone from Liyue save you?"

"That's right! I escaped by the skin of my teeth. The fact that I'm even alive to tell the tale must be a sign that the gods were watching over me."

"What a horrible journey! And you set off knowing how dangerous it was? Why?"

"Well...because everything is just too restrictive over there. The atmosphere is so stifling...the Kanjou Commission subjects everyone leaving or entering the nation to a protracted approval process, and...I felt like I didn't belong there."

"Kanjou Commission? What's that?"

"Along with the other two commissions, they oversee anything in Inazuma. We usually collectively refer to them as the Tri-Commissions, I suppose they're equivalent to the Eight Trades under the Liyue Qixing. One of the obligations of the Kanjou Commission is to conduct rigorous identity checks on all individuals leaving or entering Inazuma. All non-nationals are processed centrally on Ritou upon arrival...meanwhile, the Tenryou Commission is responsible for implementing the recently promulgated Vision Hunt Decree. They act like the executive arm of the Raiden Shogun's rule, loyal yet unfeeling. It doesn't feel good to speak ill of my home like this...but after spending so long under that oppressive atmosphere, I began to lose all hope for the future. What I mean to say is...unless you have an extremely compelling reason to go to Inazuma, you should abandon your plans of trying to get there."

"We have a compelling reason. There are answers to questions we must know there."

"*sigh* You should know that the sea around Inazuma is engulfed in a perpetual tempest of wind and rain. Supposing you survived that, you would still need to get past the samurai guards that enforce the Sakoku Decree, the closed nation policy of Inazuma. And even if you did manage to find a way, you'd still have to produce the necessary documentation at the Ritou center for processing outlanders. Otherwise, you'd be kicked out immediately..."

"Seems like they really don't want anyone setting foot in Inazuma, huh..."

"But they have Ritou..."

"They only set that up as a port to guarantee a supply of goods and information to the island. Most outlanders would be unable to acquire the documentation needed. But if you really are on set going, there is one thing you can try..."

"Uh...the raft idea sounds a little on the dangerous side...plus Paimon would definitely get seasick."

"That's not what I meant. You could ask someone from The Crux Fleet if they have some way of getting you to Inazuma, they're well-known in Liyue. Voyaging far and wide has made them a well-traveled group with a wide range of experiences. They may just know how to break through the storm."