Chapter 8

Lumine and Paimon said they wanted to get a Teyvat Travel Guide from Lisa, so you're simply exploring the place. You were in the Springvale forest, when all of a sudden, something pulled you down. There was a girl in the spot you were pulled down, and she told you to be quiet. She also pointed at the boar.

"Shh! Keep it down, I'm hunting. I've always heard about the wide range of ingredients you can find in Mondstadt, and it looks like it's true!"

"Are you a hunter?"

"No, I'm a chef! A chef on a mission to find rare and exotic ingredients from all corners of the world! My name's Xiangling, I'm from Liyue Harbor. And you?"

"I'm Y/n."

"Nice to meet you! Hey, can you do some hunting for me? There's lots of game around here that would be amazing to cook with. I can't catch anything to save my life and I don't want to miss out!"

"Sounds like a bit of an ordeal..."

"Don't be like that...C'mon, I'll whip you up a tasty snack later!"

"Ooh, you had me at tasty snack! Don't worry, I'm the bestest hunter ever!"

"Hehe, don't worry about it, your friend has already given me a response. I don't care how it's done, so long as you bring me back some raw meat. Great, then I'll leave you to it!"

POV: These guys look tough. Pistols might not work. Hey, maybe I can try out the sword Kaeya gave me!

You use the sword to collect the Raw Meat from the boar.

"Wowee! This is great! Some of it I'll shallow fry, some of it I'll deep fry with mushrooms– ooh, and I wonder how well it goes with slime condensate...Uh, sorry! I got all excited thinking about new recipes. As promised, a tasty snack! Go on, try it! And tell me what you think."

"Am I your food tester now?...Oh gosh, this is...delicious! Can you tell me how to make it?"

"Hehe, sure! The only things is I haven't written down the recipe yet, hmm...I got it! I'll make another one now so you can watch. I'm sure you'll pick it up straight away."

"This seems pretty hard to make, it'll take more than that to learn how to make it. And we don't have a frying pan or any condiments."

"Come on, it's simple! We can fry on a slab of stone and cook using some boar fat. Build a stove from rocks, use dry grass for kindling, twigs for firewood...Sweet Flowers will do for sugar. As for salt, I found a load of rock salt in a cave the other day, there's still plenty left."

"I'm tired just listening to it!"

"Hee-hee, I just can't help myself when there's a chance to try something new. But I can't exactly bring my whole kitchen with me every time I leave the house either. Give me a second while I get everything ready..."

"Hey! What do you think you're doing? This is the boars' natural habitat, you can't hunt them here! You'll send them all running. We hunters know better than to kill the chicken to get at the egg."

"Oh, I get it. The freshest, best-quality meat comes from free-range boars that grow up in the environment nature intended for them! If they all ran off...it would be a major blow to gastronomy– no, to all mankind!"

"That's not even close to what he meant..."

"I'm sorry. I got excited and didn't think of the impact we'd have."

"*sigh* You should apologize to Draff. As our leader, he always stresses the importance of respecting the rules of the hunt. I'm afraid he is very upset right now."