Chapter 27

"Hey everyone, remember that pit at the bottom of The Chasm? You know, the one that the giant pillar smashed into. Paimon took a quick peek before we left last time...there was some kind of light coming from inside. Don't you think that's a little strange?"

"Oh, so you've been wondering about that too, huh? Now that we have some time on our hands, let's go and take another look."

It was a normal day and you're going on an investigation with the whole gang.

"Whoa...well, this place is just as creepy as Paimon remembers it. If it wasn't for our little investigation, Paimon wouldn't ever come anywhere near this place."

"Huh? Hey look, there's someone over there!"

"Analyzing subject...it's Subject Yanfei."

"Ooh, Yanfei! I remember her!"

All of you came up to her...

"Oh? Lumine and Y/n? I didn't expect to see you guys here."

"Hey, Yanfei!...um...shouldn't you be at work in Liyue Harbor? What are you doing out in the middle of nowhere?"

"Well, to be perfectly honest, this case is a little out of the ordinary...in fact, this is the first time I've ever witnessed the bottom of The Chasm. Oh, but before I forget! Could you do me a favor, please? If anyone happens to ask about me or my present whereabouts, just tell them you haven't seen me!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Yanfei, you didn't do something illegal, did you?"

"No, no, it's not like that. Look, it's quite a long story. So if you could, please just cover for me. I'll see you later."

"Wait...and there she goes..."

"Huh, what in Teyvat was that all about? Paimon's starting to feel nervous all of a sudden...do you think she did something illegal and now she's gone into hiding here? *gasp* Or maybe something super scary happened..."

"Doubt it, Yanfei is a legal adviser, after all."

"Don't be so naive! The world is complicated these days, you know. We should be prepared for the worst, if something really did happen, we might find ourselves becoming her accomplices!"

"Should we really cover for her?"

"Ahem, Paimon, you are the one that's both naive and complicated..."

"Hey! You over there! Yeah, you!"

"Aahh! Someone's coming!"

"Hm...recording voice..."

"Hold on...that voice...it can't be-"

"Haha, it's you three. And look, you guys got some new friends as well! So...uh, what are you doing in a place like this, huh? Wait, don't tell me...you're on vacation!"

"As I thought, it's the one and oni Itto."

"I must say, you three are lookin' pretty good, things been going your way lately 'cause I have been doing amazing."

"Uh, Itto, who's that behind you?"

"Hey there, I'm with the Arataki Gang, Kuki Shinobu. Nice to meet you!"

"Ahahaha, right, I almost forgot she was back there. Let me introduce you to Shinobu, the pride and joy of the Arataki Gang!"

"Oh, another member of Itto's gang!"

"Lemme tell ya, she's one of 's best and brightest, so of course she's in the gang. Shinobu takes care of practically everything in the Arataki Gang. She can protect you guys, too, you know."