Chapter 31

It's another day with Hua, trying to find Itto. You already got to meet with Shinobu the other day, so today you'll try to find Itto again.

Then, you found some commotion at the Bantan Sango Detective Agency. Ryuuji gave you a commission to find a missing detective. Apparently, Sango refused to take it because she had some "history" with this certain detective. You two looked around Watatsumi Island since that was where he was last seen, when you heard this up ahead:

"C'mon you guys, I'm nothing but a poor tourist with empty pockets. Please, just let me go."

"Just shut up and stay put!"

"Sounds like someone's in trouble. C'mon Kiana, let's go save them."

"Guns at the ready!"

*After the fighting*

"Well well, look who it is! I was wondering who could be valiant enough to wipe the floor with these guys so easily, turns out it was the distinguished Y/n...Really, I can't thank you enough!"

"...Have we met before?"

"Of course, I was aware of you long before you arrived in Inazuma. Though the Sakoku Decree managed to keep the country locked up, it wasn't able to stop the incredible stories about you. Every day, all of those little stories would come scurrying over to my desk, like files with little feet. I was actually thinking about going to meet you once I wrapped up the business at hand. Who woulda guessed that you'd show up first, hehe...ah, I got so excited that I nearly forgot to introduce myself."

"...Right, we were waiting for that."

"Ahem! The name's Shikanoin Heizou, special detective of the Tenryou Commission. It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/n. I wish you and your friend all the best on your journey through Teyvat, by the way."

"Okay, listen, we've been commissioned to come find you."

"Heh, I guess that means I've taken over as the main character in your story today. I've always heard that you take commissions from all kinds of people, helping everyone out with everything you can imagine. So now it's my turn to take your help, huh? Heh, don't mind if I do."

"Aren't you curious about whose commission it is?"

"That was already obvious to me. It's no coincidence that you've arrived here. 'Cause that would be the stuff of an epic novel...the three protagonists of the story both travel to Watatsumi Island by chance, and cross paths as if by fate! The Traveler from afar heroically rescues the weak and defenseless detective from the clutches of the ruthless Nobushi!"

"... What do you mean by "weak and defenseless?"

Straight after Hua said that, you noticed a Vision hanging on his back. So you just whispered...

"Maybe he doesn't seem to fight much, I mean, he's a detective-"

"Ah, you're so dreamy..."

"...You know what, never mind. That was unexpected..."

"Says the detective of the Tenryou Commission..."

"Unfortunately though, I don't believe in coincidences. So...guessing you came to me on the Police Station's commission, didn't you?"

"How did you know that?"

"I'm a detective. Can you guess what gave it away?"

"Did you deduce it from what we said?"

"Haha, sounds like you already have some ideas about the work of a detective. Let me ask you this...what's that your friend is holding? If I'm not mistaken, it's a commission letter from the Police Station."