Chapter 28

You had some talk, and you came to the conclusion that something is definitely wrong. Nobody's hungry, everyone can't tell the exact time, you can't feel any signs of fatigue,

And most of all...

You can't call Xiao.

Luckily, Yelan found a hidden passageway. It looked like another domain entrance, so everyone entered.

Over time, when you solved the puzzles of the domain...

You can hear a choppy voice.

It sounded like Xiao. Seems something bad is happening...

*Later*

"The ground...has dissolved? What's down there..."

"Is that little dude called Xiao down there? We gotta help him!"

"Hold on! Something's not right here."

A strange rift appeared.

"...What's this..."

"It appears to be a small fissure..."

"What can you possibly find inside? It can't be a living person, can it, hahaha...whoa!"

"Conqueror of Demons?!"

"...Xiao? Is that you?"

"..."

"Quit tryin' to scare us, okay?"

"Huh? Wait, is this some kind of illusion? Paimon can't touch him..."

"Conqueror of Demons, can you hear us?"

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Hello? Little dude! Anyone home?"

"He isn't responding...what's going on here?"

"You..."

"Oh, he finally said something!"

"Oh!"

"We followed your voice and found you here. But it's kinda strange, we can't touch you... How did you become an illusion?"

"An illusion...?"

"Talk about a coincidence. We were just thinking you went missing and stuff, and then we heard the sound of you fighting. Pretty lucky we found you if you ask me, haha. You didn't get hurt, did ya?"

"A coincidence? Wait...something's not right...*cough*...Something's wrong with this domain... Leave, now! Get out of there!"

"Huh...you...Xiao, are you hurt?"

"If we can, we should have him regroup with us as soon as possible."

"Tell us what happened and where you are now. We'll come find you immediately."

"No, your safety is the top priority. It seems this space can..."

Then the rift disappeared.

"Huh? He disappeared..."

"Where'd he go? It sounded like he might be injured. We need to go help him!"

"It seems the only option we have to explore any further is through that entrance over there."

"Heh, he's injured and telling US to be careful? It's not like we're in any danger here. Anyway, the secret behind whatever's going on should be in this cave, right? Don't worry, little dude, Itto's on the way!"